PathAI's mission is to improve patient outcomes with AI-powered pathology. Our platform promises substantial improvements to the accuracy of diagnosis and the efficacy of treatment of diseases like cancer, leveraging modern approaches in machine learning. Rigorous science and careful analysis is critical to the success of everything we aspire to do. Our team, comprising diverse employees with a wide range of backgrounds and experiences, is passionate about solving challenging problems and making a huge impact.
We're looking for an experienced computational scientist to manage a team of engineers building machine learning models for translational biomedical research. The role will drive PathAI’s growth by leading the team to deliver high quality models, compelling translational insights, and help develop strategic partnerships with our biopharma clientele. The right candidate will be a mission-driven, interdisciplinary scientist with a demonstrated passion for mentorship.
What you’ll do:
- Lead and mentor a team of biomedical engineers in the planning and implementation of machine learning models for translational science.
- Provide computational insight and guidance to teams of biologists and pathologists in the design of new computational projects for internal initiatives and in collaboration with PathAI partners.
- Drive improvements of PathAI’s ML platform and toolkits by identifying opportunities or gaps in our capabilities and filling them.
- Present results from projects both internally and externally, and develop conference abstracts and presentations to build PathAI’s scientific impact.
- Build a team of biomedical researchers by leading recruiting efforts.
What you’ll need:
- MA or PhD in Computational biology, Computer science or related field required, preferably with a focus on artificial intelligence/Machine Learning
- 3-5 years of industry experience in related discipline (biomedical engineering, biomedical data science, computational biology)
- Experience applying ML to biomedical-domain problems, ideally image-based.
- Applied stats / biostatistics experience.
- Management / mentorship experience.
- Knowledge of pathology or cancer biology is a plus, but is NOT required. A strong interest and inclination to acquire such knowledge is required.
For the right candidate, we'll offer a competitive salary plus equity. Your compensation is rounded out by a strong benefits package:
- Flexible work hours, with work-from-home options available
- Three weeks of paid leave per year, an additional two weeks of sick time, plus extended holidays and team-approved leave
- Ten days of 100% subsidized childcare per year
- Healthcare, vision, and dental insurance plans (HMO or PPO), with voluntary add-ons available for dependent care, life, and accident coverage
- Commuter benefit available for public transit or parking
Most importantly, you'll be doing important work with a team of people you'll genuinely enjoy spending the day with.
PathAI is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to creating a workplace that is free of harassment and discrimination. We base our employment decisions on business needs, job requirements, and qualifications — that's all. We do not discriminate based on race, gender, religion, health, personal beliefs, age, family or parental status, or any other status. We don't tolerate any kind of discrimination or bias, and we are looking for teammates who feel the same way.
PathAI does not accept unsolicited submissions from third-parties.