Biomedical Data Manager at PathAI
PathAI's mission is to improve patient outcomes with AI-powered pathology. Our platform promises substantial improvements to the accuracy of diagnosis and the efficacy of treatment of diseases like cancer, leveraging modern approaches in machine learning. Rigorous science and careful analysis is critical to the success of everything we aspire to do. Our team, comprising diverse employees with a wide range of backgrounds and experiences, is passionate about solving challenging problems and making a huge impact.
We're looking for a skilled Biomedical Data Manager to join our team and help support the execution of PathAI’s pharmaceutical and academic partnerships, including analysis of large clinical trials and validation of newly developed biomarkers and internal initiatives. The data manager will work closely with machine learning engineers, biostatisticians and program managers to ensure that our clinical datasets are well organized, accurate, and that we are maximizing our platform’s capabilities. The Data Manager will be responsible for interfacing with partners to integrate new projects, take initiative in improving our platform, and provide expertise towards the development of our system for hosting multi-modal clinical data.
- Lead in the assessment, development, and tuning of existing protocols for collecting and serving biomedical data to the machine learning and scientific program teams
- Enable collaborations with partners in industry and academia by facilitating clinical data sharing and communication of requirements
- In collaboration with the machine learning product development team, develop methods to migrate existing clinical data to new software standards and facilitate connection with our APIs.
- Communicate data model to machine learning engineers, bioinformaticians, program managers and pathologists to support our interdisciplinary teams
- Lead in management, inventory and organization of biomedical data, including collaborating with external vendors for data acquisition.
- Lead in management, organization and digitization of physical histology slides, including the operation of digital whole slide scanning equipment.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in biomedical field (biomedical informatics, public health, epidemiology, biostatistics)
- 2+ years working in biomedical research with an emphasis on data curation and communication.
- Familiarity with programming languages such as R AND Python for data analysis and reproducible research practices.
- Strong organizational skills with meticulous attention to detail.
- Prior experience combining clinical datasets from multiple trials across institutions.
- Ability to work independently, communicate broadly, and take initiative
- Preferred: familiarity in medical terminology (oncology and pathology), clinical trial structure, working with sensitive data sets
For the right candidate, we'll offer a competitive salary plus equity. Your compensation is rounded out by a strong benefits package:
- Flexible work hours
- Three weeks of paid leave per year, an additional two weeks of sick time, plus extended holidays and team-approved leave
- Ten days of 100% subsidized childcare per year
- Healthcare, vision, and dental insurance plans (HMO or PPO), with voluntary add-ons available for dependent care, life, and accident coverage
- Commuter benefit available for public transit or parking
- Convertible sit-stand desks
- Weekly in-office yoga classes
- Free in-office lunch on Tuesdays and Fridays
- Snacks and drinks in the office – which currently include a mountain of Milano cookies, endless Fruit Snacks, as well as cold brew coffee and kombucha on tap, among many other options. Our in-house Snackologist is also happy to take your requests!
Most importantly, you'll be doing important work with a team of people you'll genuinely enjoy spending the day with.
PathAI is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to creating a workplace that is free of harassment and discrimination. We base our employment decisions on business needs, job requirements, and qualifications — that's all. We do not discriminate based on race, gender, religion, health, personal beliefs, age, family or parental status, or any other status. We don't tolerate any kind of discrimination or bias, and we are looking for teammates who feel the same way.
PathAI does not accept unsolicited submissions from third-parties.