Humana is a Fortune 60 market leader in integrated healthcare whose dream is to help people achieve lifelong well-being. As a company focused on the health and well-being of the people we serve, Humana starts from within, and is committed to providing progressive benefits that advance the employment experience and vitality of the associate community. Through offerings anchored in a whole-person view of human well-being, Humana embraces a focus on stimulating positive individual and population changes while nurturing a sense of security, enabling people to live life fully and be their most productive.
Against that backdrop, Humana is seeking a strategic-thinking leader with expertise in Quality and Data Protection for the newly-created position of Associate Vice President, Data Protection & Management.
This leader will be responsible for two critical components to improve Data Protection & Management.
1. Drive transformative capability within Humana to protect Production Data changing the way business and IT work with production data today.
2. Implement protected test data within Humana as part of DevSecOps including highly De-Identified and fully synthetic to support test data needs end to end.
Associate Vice President, Data Protection & Management will manage a $15+ million budget and lead a geographically dispersed organization of 80+ resources, with three direct reports.
Our preferred location for this position is at our corporate headquarters in Louisville, KY, followed by our offices in Washington, D.C. or Boston, in order of preference. Relocation assistance will be provided.
- Drive data protection implementation strategy and roadmap for test and production data in data centers and in cloud.
- Working with our Enterprise Information Systems area, help establish and implement application development standards and procedures into our change management and release management processes.
- Implement protected test data capabilities within Devops Pipelines.
- Drive outcomes with leaders from numerous and diverse areas in business and IT including Segments, Call Centers, Data Governance, Legal, Privacy, Audit, CyberSecurity, Application Security, Engineering and Quality,
- Provide leadership to a team of technology professionals, driving associate engagement initiatives, developing and managing talent, and leading change efforts.
- Remain current with industry and technology trends that impact their domain as well as the future direction of associated technologies
Key Candidate Qualifications
The ideal candidate will have extensive leadership experience including experience in driving large enterprise wide change initiatives. This person will be a strong leader of people with proven success in expanding and elevating the capabilities and performance of the team. Finally, the successful candidate will have experience operating successfully in a matrixed environment through collaboration and thought partnership.
In addition, the following technical qualifications and personal attributes are also sought:
- A record of success in attracting, developing, and motivating top talent from inside and outside of the organization, and preparing direct reports for expanded responsibilities
- Experience in managing change by leading and energizing others, modeling adaptability, and inspiring strong organizational performance through periods of transformation, ambiguity, and complexity.
- Excellent relationship-building skills and proven ability to work collaboratively through various departments and functional areas, promoting a culture of proactive teamwork.
- Experience in program management and vendor/agency management - ability to coordinate activities, collectively set strategies and monitor progress.
- Current or recent experience in a large, highly matrixed company (i.e., Fortune 250), with proven ability to influence leaders and key stakeholders in such an environment
- Excellent oral and written communications skills, including the polish, poise, and executive presence that will ensure effective interaction with senior and executive level audiences
- The ability to clearly explain complex ideas and technologies to non-technical audiences
- Bachelor's degree required; MBA or Master's degree in a technology-related field is desired.