Associate Actuary; Analytics/Forecasting
The Associate Actuary, Analytics/Forecasting analyzes and forecasts financial, economic, and other data to provide accurate and timely information for strategic and operational decisions. Establishes metrics, provides data analyses, and works directly to support business intelligence. Evaluates industry, economic, financial, and market trends to forecast the organization's short, medium and long-term financial and competitive position. The Associate Actuary, Analytics/Forecasting work assignments involve moderately complex to complex issues where the analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
The Associate Actuary, Analytics/Forecasting ensures data integrity by developing and executing necessary processes and controls around the flow of data. Collaborates with stakeholders to understand business needs/issues, troubleshoots problems, conducts root cause analysis, and develops cost effective resolutions for data anomalies. Begins to influence department’s strategy. Makes decisions on moderately complex to complex issues regarding technical approach for project components, and work is performed without direction. Exercises considerable latitude in determining objectives and approaches to assignments.
- Produce monthly financial forecasts for Large Group Fully-Insured Jumbo and National business.
- Explain monthly forecast variance and key drivers to a variety of stakeholders (Finance, Underwriting, Actuarial).
- Provide PEO renewal guidance, including reporting and scenario analysis.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders (Finance, Underwriting, Actuarial).
- Bachelor's Degree
- Associate of Society of Actuaries (ASA) designation
- Meets eligibility requirements for Humana's Actuarial Professional Development Program (APDP)
- Strong communication skills
- Successful completion of at least 3 actuarial exams
- Must be passionate about contributing to an organization focused on continuously improving consumer experiences
• Prior Financial forecasting
• Group Health Insurance