Applied Data Science Associate at DataRobot
Looking to move into Data Science? Want to learn from some of the world’s leading data scientists? Want to work on real problems and have an impact in the real world? Do you enjoy discovering actionable insights from data? Do you like bringing innovative solutions to market and driving adoption? Do you have passion for customer success? Join DataRobot as an Applied Data Science Associate.
At DataRobot, you will undergo a year long training program that will sharpen both your data science and customer-facing skills. We will spend the first six months deepening your understanding of data science as an applied science. We will develop your skills to allow you to have a real-world business impact using data science. This will involve an understanding of the entire data science lifecycle and how to carry out projects that can drive business.
Upon completion of this training, you will spend the next six months working under the direction of our customer-facing data scientist and sales team with our customers. Working with them, you will learn to develop client relationships and deliver practical data science solutions for customers across a variety of industries. You will gain experience leading technical demonstrations of DataRobot, helping clients develop models that add value to their organizations, and integrating those models into client environments.
At the completion of this program, you will work on a capstone project to deliver value to an active customer or prospect. Following the successful completion of this project, you will be promoted to Applied Data Scientist and work as a member of our Customer Facing Data Scientist team.
- Experience/Training in science, engineering, or computer science
- Excellent organizational, communication, writing and interpersonal skills
- Up to 50% travel
- Strong customer interaction skills
- Fluency with scripting (Python / R)
- Familiarity with machine learning techniques and use cases
- Familiarity with a variety of technical tools for the manipulation of datasets
- Experience with machine learning techniques
- Hands-on experience building and implementing predictive models