Actuary, Analytics/Forecasting at Humana Studio_h
The Actuary, Analytics/Forecasting analyzes and forecasts financial, economic, and other data to provide accurate and timely information for strategic and operational decisions. Establishes metrics, provides data analyses, and works directly to support business intelligence. Evaluates industry, economic, financial, and market trends to forecast the organization's short, medium and long-term financial and competitive position. The Actuary, Analytics/Forecasting works on problems of diverse scope and complexity ranging from moderate to substantial.
The Actuary, Analytics/Forecasting ensures data integrity by developing and executing necessary processes and controls around the flow of data. Collaborates with stakeholders to understand business needs/issues, troubleshoots problems, conducts root cause analysis, and develops cost effective resolutions for data anomalies. Advises executives to develop functional strategies (often segment specific) on matters of significance. Exercises independent judgment and decision making on complex issues regarding job duties and related tasks, and works under minimal supervision, Uses independent judgment requiring analysis of variable factors and determining the best course of action.
This job is in the Office of the Chief Actuary, Planning and Analysis. The person will lead others in the analysis of Humana costs compared to Original Medicare, as well as studying policy changes from the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services.
• Bachelor's Degree
• FSA or ASA plus relevant advanced degree, recent and relevant work experience, and/or other relevant professional designations.
• Strong communication skills (ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical audiences)
• Demonstrated ability to work with a variety of leadership levels internal (and external) to Humana, Inc.
• Experience in more than two functions (e.g., modeling, pricing, rate filing, reporting & analysis, reserving or trending)
• Strong technical proficiency
Humana Tower, LVL, Green Bay, Minnetonka, Waukesha Mkt Ofc, Chicago, Mkt Ofc, or WA