Senior Technical Writer at Veeva
Sorry, this job was removed at 7:20 a.m. (EST) on Tuesday, November 9, 2021
Veeva [NYSE: VEEV] is the leader in cloud-based software for the global life sciences industry. Committed to innovation, product excellence, and customer success, our customers range from the world’s largest pharmaceutical companies to emerging biotechs. Veeva’s software helps our customers bring medicines and therapies to patients faster.
We are the first public company to become a Public Benefit Corporation. As a PBC, we are committed to making the industries we serve more productive, and we are committed to creating high-quality employment opportunities.
Veeva is a Work Anywhere company which means that you can choose to work in the environment that works best for you - on any given day.
Veeva CRM is looking for an excellent senior technical writer who can write high-quality, usable documentation that enables our customers to use our applications successfully. This person would also take a lead role on the team helping to guide and mentor other team members. If you enjoy solving puzzles and presenting complex, technical information into comprehensive, well-organized, and easy-to-understand documentation, this is the job for you!
What You’ll Do
- Take ownership of documentation for all products. You’ll track the design and development process, research to understand the high-level concepts and the small details to provide high-quality user documentation.
- Become a team lead providing direction and guidance to other writers
- Become a product expert and keep up with new features and functionality
- Provide opportunities to improve the documentation process and deliverables to ensure the success of individual writers and the team as a whole
- Work collaboratively with product managers, support, and our services teams
- Ensure content adheres to a consistent style, tone, and approach by following a style guide, reviewing existing documentation, and participating in peer reviews
- BA in English, communications or similar
- Proven 8 + years of software technical writing experience
- Experience in software development
- Experience being a team lead
- Excellent written communication and research skills
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment as well as work within a team
- Madcap Flare or similar authoring tool
- Camtasia or other video management tools
- Basic understanding of Database Management
Nice to Have
- Experience in a Life Science company
- Experience composing, narrating, and editing video tutorials
- Experience with Jira and Confluence
Perks & Benefits
- Flexible PTO
- Healthy, free, provided lunches and snacks every day
- Allocations for continuous learning & development
- Onsite gym with free fitness classes offered daily
Veeva’s headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need when applying for a role or in our recruitment process, please contact us at [email protected]