Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. We’re taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that we’ll deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
As a copywriter on the Toast marketing/creative team, you'll produce the written content for web pages, articles, social media posts, brand campaigns, emails, and other forms of digital content. Your skills range from the ability to write persuasive headlines that sell to harder working body copy that educates. Ultimately, your job will be to engage and motivate our consumers through concepts and strategies that are insightful, relevant, innovative, and effective.
You’ll have a direct impact on the goals of the projects you’ll work on: improving demo conversion rates with more persuasive web copy, increasing email open rates with better subject lines, or growing brand awareness and affinity with national advertising campaigns.
You’ll be expected to drive your assignments, help define and govern our voice, tone, and style, understand how our business operates, be up-to-date on the latest work and technology in and outside our industry, and develop effective relationships with marketing teams.
Above all else, you love the creative process and enjoy creating solutions that make a business impact and drive the connection between a brand and its consumers.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Great writing skills (obviously!)
- Ability to take a campaign message and turn it into user-first copy that inspires and motivates
- An intermediate/advanced understanding of copywriting techniques and use of style and grammar (we use AP style and Merriam Webster as our go-to guides)
- A strong pulse on the language and goals of our audience and an ability to advocate for the user
- Ability to adapt to different tones of voice
- Be able to look at your own work from a distance and edit it
- Advocate for copywriting needs to provide necessary creative insights and project oversight
- Use search engine optimization (SEO) and keyword knowledge and best practices to optimize company content without compromising grammar and readability
- Help promote a culture of innovation and teamwork to ensure we have a happy, inventive, curious, and open environment
- Engage in simultaneous projects from inception to completion, review concepts, receive feedback, and meet expected deliverables
- Work with project managers, marketing teams, and other creatives to identify and implement process improvements to meet project and team needs
- Provide daily management of your personal work
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- 5+ years of professional writing experience in digital, print, social, and video
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills, including the ability to communicate effectively in small and large groups at all levels
- Proven track record of developing successful campaigns
- Strong creative mind
- Passion for restaurants and the food community a plus
- Please provide a link or attachment to your portfolio
*Bread puns encouraged but not required