Proposal Manager at Veeva (Remote)
Sorry, this job was removed at 7:19 a.m. (EST) on Friday, February 4, 2022
Veeva [NYSE: VEEV] is the leader in cloud-based software for the global life sciences industry. Committed to innovation, product excellence, and customer success, our customers range from the world’s largest pharmaceutical companies to emerging biotechs. Veeva’s software helps our customers bring medicines and therapies to patients faster.
We are the first public company to become a Public Benefit Corporation. As a PBC, we are committed to making the industries we serve more productive, and we are committed to creating high-quality employment opportunities.
Veeva is a Work Anywhere company which means that you can choose to work in the environment that works best for you - on any given day.
Veeva Systems, a leader in cloud-based solutions for the global life sciences industry, is looking for an experienced proposal manager to join our Proposal Management team. As a proposal manager, you will support Veeva’s sales organization in the RFP/RFI process by preparing well written, accurate and cohesive proposals in response to the client’s needs, highlighting Veeva’s experience and advantages and benefits over the competition. Exceptional writing, editing/formatting, organization and time management skills are a must.
What You'll Do
- Create winning proposals for complex solutions (SaaS and implementation services) that address the client’s needs while highlighting Veeva’s experience and advantages over the competition
- Manage overall RFI/RFP activities – from initial receipt to final submission to the client – to ensure an on-time submission
- Coordinate the contributions of the contributing team members (i.e., sales, solution consulting, professional services, product, strategy, IT Security and other SMEs, as needed) to develop high quality, compliant responses that put Veeva in the best position to win
- Participate in team alignment calls and strategy discussions to clarify scope of work, gain insights into the business opportunity, understand key messages/differentiators and develop win themes
- Participate in the bid/no-bid decision process
- Create the customer response template and manage project workflow through the RFP process (i.e., draft, review, approval)
- Format, proofread and edit for accuracy, clarity and readability
- Assure on-going familiarity with Veeva’s response templates and processes for the timely and effective completion of RFI/RFPs and proposals
- Proactively manage a workload that includes responsibility for multiple proposal assignments and other tasks, as required, in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Ensure all submission deadlines are met
- The proposal team supports a global organization; the candidate’s ability and willingness to work across time zones and geographies, as needed, is paramount to our core value of customer success
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Communications, English, Marketing, or related field, or equivalent work experience as a proposal manager
- 4+ years’ experience managing complex proposals in a fast-paced, B2B environment – life sciences and/or SaaS technology strongly preferred
- Excellent communicator (written and oral), able to translate complicated ideas into language easily understood by others
- Exceptional organizational and project management skills
- Strict attention to detail and accuracy; expert formatting, editing and proofreading skills
- Superior project and time management skills, able to effectively coordinate various levels of SMEs effectively to deliver complicated responses on-time – able to work successfully under time sensitive deadlines and in stressful environments
- Able to effectively prioritize among multiple, competing, high priority responses
- Self-motivated and self-managed, with an ownership mentality
- Team player, able to work both collaboratively and independently
- Displays a positive attitude and sense of urgency
- Ability and willingness to work across time zones and geographies, as needed
- Ability to work irregular and/or extended hours, as needed, to meet the client’s proposal deadline
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), including use of Styles in Word
Nice to Have
- Experience in CRM, content and data management, master data management or artificial intelligence in the life sciences industry
- Understanding of cloud/SaaS technology
- Experience with salesforce.com
- Experience with proposal management tools/applications/portals (e.g., Ariba, Loopio, etc.)
Perks & Benefits
- Flexible PTO
Veeva’s headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need when applying for a role or in our recruitment process, please contact us at [email protected]