Lead Technical Writer at Tamr
Greater Boston Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 12:46 p.m. (EST) on Wednesday, June 5, 2019
Tamr is the enterprise-scale data unification company trusted by industry leaders like GE, Toyota, Thomson Reuters, and GSK. The company’s patented software platform uses machine learning supplemented with customers’ knowledge to unify and prepare data across myriad silos to deliver previously unavailable business-changing insights. With a co-founding team led by Andy Palmer (founding CEO of Vertica) and Mike Stonebraker (Turing Award winner) and backed by founding investors NEA and GV, Tamr is transforming how companies get value from their data.
We're looking for a lead technical writer to ensure that our users who read our content have an excellent experience. You'll accomplish that goal by working closely with developers and field engineers across the company to plan, structure, and execute high-quality docs and tutorials.
- Documentation — Collaborate with our developers and field engineers to plan, structure, and ship high-quality, technically accurate docs
- Mentorship — Teach developers how to write clear, concise docs and help continue to install a documentarian culture at Tamr
- Style guide — Write and maintain a style guide for how we approach documentation that clearly defines our voice
- Developer content — Be the point person for reviewing developer content, and help them bring this content to our public documentation when applicable
This job might be a good fit for you if:
- You have a clear, concise communication style and excellent writing ability.
- You're a skilled writer who can make technical content come alive.
- You enjoy collaborating with developers to ensure your work is technically accurate and are excited about empowering them to write better documentation.
- You're empathetic.
- You understand how developers and data engineers consume documentation and what their pain points are. You go the extra mile to help them succeed.
- You can pare down a project and run it to fully understand the technical details of what you're writing about, even if you've never worked as a developer before.
- You’re familiar with modern application development, API technologies, developer tools and services, and/or cloud infrastructure.
- You value high production quality and deliver finished, polished work.
This position is available in Cambridge MA. Tamr does sponsor employees requiring a visa.
Read Full Job Description