Ellevation is growing, and we’re looking for an Instructional Content Specialist to join our Education team! Bringing your knowledge of - and passion for - research-based practices for teachers of linguistically diverse learners. In this role you'll be responsible for the authoring of professional learning content for educators using Ellevation Strategies to build their capacity to teach culturally and linguistically diverse students in K-12 schools. And most importantly, you will help Ellevation make a direct impact on how language learners succeed in classrooms across the nation.
Impact & Timeline:
- 1 month - Learn about our product lines, especially Ellevation Strategies. Build relationships on the Education Solutions team and with other key collaborators.
- 3 months - Revise existing content and author new content based on existing guidelines.
- 6 months - Lead content management system workflows, update and revise specs and guidelines for future content development, build relationships with key collaborators across the organization.
- 12 months - Ensure quality and consistency for all content in Ellevation Strategies, inclusive of alignment with national and state standards, listen and learn from the educators that use our product to continue making improvements
- A strong writer with a proven track record developing high-quality educational resources: digital, print, assessment items, curriculum, and more.
- 2+ years of experience in Edtech or publishing
- Knowledge of and experience with national and state content and language standards
- Passion for K-12 education - ideally with multilingual learners - to create content to build capacity for educators to bring language learning into every classroom
- Experience with digital media
- Ability to succeed in an agile environment that allows you to plan, monitor, and adjust schedules and workflows to ensure high-quality content is produced as effectively and efficiently as possible.
- Strategic communicator: you’re able to collaborate internally with others and create documentation in a way that ensures the team is meeting high quality and consistency goals set for the product.
At Ellevation, we develop world-class software to help school districts and educators support the fastest growing population of K-12 students: English Language Learners (ELLs). Ellevation helps school districts transform their EL programs and ensure all students can achieve their highest aspirations with a best-in-class data and instructional planning platform, resources to build teacher capacity, and student-facing programs to teach academic language.
We are a fast-growing, mission-driven technology company, partnering with over 800 public school districts all across the country. We are well-capitalized, have a strong team, and are continuously focused on how to build the best organization so that we can achieve our ambitious social and financial objectives.
In addition to our great benefit plans and competitive salaries, here are some other perks that make us unique:
+ Great location in Boston - a stone’s throw from the Chauncy Street/Downtown Crossing T stop (We are currently working 100% remotely due to COVID-19)
+ Ability to make a significant impact in the education industry
+ Fun Fridays including virtual happy hours with our remote team
+ Free snacks, beverages, fruit, and we even compost!
+ On-site gym, game room and darts to support all levels of athleticism
+ Opportunity to join an open and collaborative work environment!
Learn more about our team in our Culture Deck.
Here at Ellevation, we champion diversity, inclusion, equity, and belonging. We strive to build a team that reflects the diverse communities we serve. We’re an equal opportunity employer, committed to creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values a range of ideas and opinions. We embrace all types of differences in the development of our organization. We are proud to have been recognized in prior years as “Best Tech Workplace for Diversity” from the Timmy Awards for investing in trainings around inclusive behaviors, microaggressions, unconscious bias, and fostering a culture of sharing educational resources across the company. We are encouraged by our progress, but there’s more work to be done.