Editor-in-Chief at Klaviyo (Remote)
The Brand Marketing & Communications team tells the story of how businesses grow and build direct relationships with customers by using Klaviyo. This fast-growing, high-impact group works cross-functionally with key business stakeholders, touching every corner of the organization. What makes this team stand out? An obsession with their audience. A visionary spirit to create precisely what’s craved. An unflinching motivation to deliver.
This role is a leader on this team - they will hire the team and help define the content we will make. This person will report to the VP of Content and will spend their time helping the content strategists on their team understand their audience and incubate content that will attract that audience.
How You Will Make a Difference
- Support the VP of Content by hiring the team that will set the content strategy for each key audience.
- Support the VP of Content in owning the planning, development and implementation of the overall content strategy. This includes developing and managing a blog/content hub strategy that’s focused on engagement and inspiration.
- Manage internal (content strategists) and external (agency and SME) resources to create 20-25 pieces of content each month to drive brand awareness and site visits.
- Ensure each piece of Klaviyo content is timely, relevant, inspiring or educational and is something we’re proud to produce
- Work closely with our SEO lead to ensure content is SEO optimized… while reinforcing our brand values
- Work with product marketing, sales, creative, and external influencers and other industry experts to tap into compelling customer insights and storylines
- Grow our subscriber base. The end goal is to build an invested audience, which will ultimately impact brand awareness, lead generation, loyalty, and revenue.
- Ensure all content adheres to brand standards
- Own reporting out on the success of our content (blog, podcast, etc.)
- You’re a team builder - you know how to identify and cultivate talent.
- You’re a leader - you know how to match people’s unique skills to the tasks at hand and inspire people to do their best.
- You love content - you consumer, you create, you dream, you dare to be different.
- You’re deep in the eCommerce space - you already know who to follow, what to read and where the dark horse content creators are yet to be discovered
- You bleed small business - being the Robin Hood that helps people live their dream life is what wakes you up every day
- Your visions are multi-media - sure, you write, but you see and dream in visual, audio and written format (maybe Sepia tone, too)
- You’re a master taskmaster - you’re one of those people who color codes their note pads and uses project management tools to keep track of your home, aren’t you?
At Klaviyo we value the unique backgrounds, experiences and perspectives each Klaviyo (we call ourselves Klaviyos) brings to our workplace each and every day. We believe everyone deserves a fair shot at success and appreciate the experiences each person brings beyond the traditional job requirements. If you’re a close but not exact match with the description, we hope you’ll still consider applying.
Get to Know Klaviyo
Klaviyo is a world-leading marketing automation platform dedicated to accelerating revenue and customer connection for online businesses. Klaviyo makes it easy to store, access, analyze and use transactional and behavioral data to power highly-targeted customer and prospect communications. The company's hybrid customer-data and marketing-platform model allows companies to grow by fostering direct relationships with customers, without giving up their valuable data to popular big-tech ad platforms. Over 265,000 innovative companies like Unilever, Custom Ink, Living Proof and Huckberry sell more with Klaviyo. Learn more at www.klaviyo.com.
Klaviyo is committed to diversity and to a policy of equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.