Associate Copywriter at Toast
Junior Copywriter - Employee Experience
Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. We’re taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that we’ll deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
As a copywriter on the Toast Employee Experience team, you'll produce the written content for web pages, articles, social media posts, internal & external brand campaigns, emails, and other forms of digital content. Your skills range from the ability to write persuasive headlines that motivate and inspire to harder working body copy that educates. Ultimately, your job will be to engage and motivate our employees through concepts and strategies that are insightful, relevant, innovative, and effective.
Above all else, you love the creative process and enjoy creating solutions that make a business impact and drive the connection between a brand and its consumers.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Great writing skills (obviously!)
- Ability to take a campaign message and turn it into employee-first copy that inspires and motivates
- Help produce blog content for our internal Intranet and external career websites
- An intermediate/advanced understanding of copywriting techniques and use of style and grammar
- A strong pulse on the language and goals of our current and future employee base, and an ability to advocate for the user
- Ability to be versatile in your writing style to adapt tone of voice across internal & external, as well as the intended author of the piece.
- Be able to look at your own work from a distance and edit it
- Advocate for copywriting needs to provide necessary creative insights and project oversight
- Use search engine optimization (SEO) and keyword knowledge and best practices to optimize company content without compromising grammar and readability
- Help promote a culture of innovation and teamwork to ensure we have a happy, inventive, curious, and open employee experience
- Engage in simultaneous projects from inception to completion, review concepts, receive feedback, and meet expected deliverables
- Provide daily management of your personal work
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- 2+ years of professional writing experience in digital, print, social, and video
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills, including the ability to communicate effectively in small and large groups at all levels
- Journalism, English or Communications backgrounds preferred
- Proven track record of developing successful campaigns
- Strong creative mind
- Passion for restaurants and the food community a plus
- Please provide a link or attachment to your portfolio
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.