Concierge/Reception Associate - Boston, MA
CIC is looking for an energetic and hospitality-oriented Concierge and Reception Associate to join our team. This is a full time opportunity for someone with experience as a receptionist, concierge, or front desk associate in a fast-paced environment. Be that great first impression for our many guests and clients!
CIC’s mission is to improve the world by helping exceptional entrepreneurs innovate better and faster. We offer carefully curated working environments that combine private, secure offices alongside shared amenities in locations across Boston, Cambridge, Miami, Rotterdam, and St. Louis and are growing into other cities, within the US and abroad. We currently serve 1400+ startups, growth companies, and branches of larger organizations, representing for-profit, mission-driven, and non-profit sectors across a wide array of industries. We pride ourselves on displaying a high degree of care and accuracy in everything that we do, and we work to ensure that our clients thrive every day that they are in our space. We believe that our ability to support world-changing entrepreneurs is only as good as the people who make up our teams, and as such we are looking for people who are interested in contributing to--and improving--the way we work.
We invite you to explore all our openings here and learn more about us here.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
This position will be the first face and first impression for CIC’s many clients, guests, and vendors. It is important to be engaging, inviting, and helpful. Overall, we like to employ service-minded people who are reliable, clever, and able to work independently. More specifically, we are looking for someone who possesses the following characteristics:
• Personable, naturally enjoy helping others, and calm in a hectic environment
• Detail oriented and organized with solid time management skills
• Self-motivated and proactive in taking ownership and responsibility for tasks and leading them to completion
• Is a true team player with the capacity to foster and maintain positive working relationships with clients, colleagues, building management and vendors
• Works comfortably with everyone, treating everyone as an equal
• Brings a fresh perspective and new ideas to everything
• Able to communicate professionally, both verbally and in writing
GENERAL OVERVIEW OF RESPONSIBILITIES
• Oversee the quality of the front desk experience while demonstrating a spontaneous desire to assist others and provide excellent service
• Welcome guests and provide them with a comfortable and efficient transition to their host
• Interact with guests and clients, both in person and on the phone, in a courteous manner by displaying a pleasant and gracious personality even under stressful situations
• Be a face of CIC and provide an exceptional first experience for new clients (assist with key distribution, take photo of new employees, answer questions, etc)
• Work with other members of the team who are also responsible for the front desk experience, including cross training other staff on how to effectively handle the day to day operations
• Respond to near constant client requests and questions of every variety. For example, a client may ask "Can I get some extra furniture and have some help rearranging my office?" or "How do I send a package to Uganda?"
• Assist in processing mail & packages for clients, help oversee the condition and organization of the CIC mailroom
ATTRACTIONS OF THE JOB
• Fun people in a dynamic space. We pride ourselves on finding driven and bright collaborators who are eager to lend their own unique skills to the team, as well as to our inspiring clientele. The number one reason CICers say they like working here is because of their colleagues!
• Personal growth. This is a great opportunity to learn and develop skills within the epicenter of the innovation community at a growing company
• Regular massages, access to a nursing room, secure bicycle parking, a game room, a gym, and shower rooms with towels
• Central location. CIC Boston is centrally located in downtown Boston and is within walking distance to the Blue, Green, Orange, and Red line. CIC Cambridge is a stone’s throw from the Kendall Square MBTA Red Line stop.
• Minimum of a bachelor's degree
• A natural interest in helping/supporting others
• Ability to work between 8am and 6pm, but you will not be expected to work all of these hours every day
Starting compensation is $42,731 per year plus 100% of the cost of a premium healthcare and dental package, long and short-term disability, life insurance, and two weeks vacation from the start (more with seniority). Annual reviews with raises significantly above the national average every year for those on track with strong performance.
CIC is committed to building teams that reflect the fabric of the cities we support. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, ancestry, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, Veteran status, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation please let us know.
Read Full Job Description