Business Intelligence Manager
Every decision made at Wayfair, big or small, is backed by data. Our Business Intelligence department has the responsibility of delivering actionable data to stakeholders across the company in order to drive initiatives forward. We’re looking for a Business Intelligence Manager to help us in our endeavor!
With a focus on web analytics, the Business Intelligence Manager will lead a team of multiple analysts, providing critical data to our internal business partners to drive strategic and tactical decisions. In addition, the Business Intelligence Manager will play a role in architecting both Wayfair’s current and next generations of our first class self-service BI platform.
A successful candidate will have strong business and technical acumen, as well as great problem solving, communication, and mentoring and management skills.
- Partnering with internal customers (e.g., Marketing, Logistics, Customer Service) to develop analyses that lead to actionable insights that accelerate profitable growth
- Prioritization and project management of team activities while proactively identifying areas in which analytics efforts can produce a strong value add
- Architecting data structures and reports in a MPP environment
- Working with several large and complex SQL, Netezza, and Vertica databases
- Mentoring and development of a team of analyst
- 2-7 years of total experience in a business intelligence, data science or engineering role
- Senior Analysts with a desire to manage and grow strongly encouraged to apply
- Experience with OLAP technologies, SQL, and related BI software (SSAS, Microstrategy, Cognos)
- Positive, people-oriented, and energetic attitude
- Analytical, creative, and innovative approach to solving problems
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Experience with Python, Java, Tableau, C++ a plus
- BA in computer science, economics, or other quantitative discipline with strong academic record
Wayfair Inc. offers an extensive selection of home furnishings and décor across all styles and price points. The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, your home for affordable modern design
- DwellStudio, a design house with a decidedly modern vibe
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
Wayfair generated $3.4 billion in net revenue for full year 2016. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 5,600 people.