Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that has built a cloud platform to enable developers around the world to seamlessly deploy, manage, and scale their applications. With more than 750,000 registered customers and over 40,000 teams, DigitalOcean has become one of the fastest growing cloud platforms in the industry. Our mission is to simplify the complexities of infrastructure and create a cloud that developers love.
Everyone at DigitalOcean values and trusts the power of user-centered design. Our mission is to create products that'll make development more enjoyable and infinitely less frustrating. We're a close-knit, collaborative, and light-hearted team. We’re big fans of each other’s work and we push each other to make it even better.
Our Brand Design team is responsible for building and maintaining a world-class brand, fueled by eye-catching, beautiful, original work that consistently delights our audience. We design the user’s experience outside of the product, across all touch points. As a Web Designer, you'll create a website experience that is innovative, user-focused, drives engagement and conversion. Your work must demonstrate respect for detail, simplicity, and elegance, and a thorough understanding of how your work ties into the greater brand experience. This role requires being based in the US.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Research and design concepts for new landing pages that increase engagement and conversion
- Design page layouts and interactions for site pages
- Work closely with our outside development agency during the template build process
- Contribute an in-depth understanding of different personas and audiences
- Work collaboratively with our marketing team to create beautiful visual content
- Provide guidance and inspiration that will drive a project through launch
- Oversee a project’s entire creative process
- Ongoing refinements to user experience of marketing site
- Translate business objectives into strategic, purposeful design
- Design motion based concepts for new product releases
What We'll Expect From You:
- You have impeccable taste, are detail-oriented, and every pixel is considered.
- Excellent typography and layout skills
- Strong portfolio showcasing responsive web design work
- You have a strong understanding of UI trends and design methodologies
- Demonstrates comfort with an iterative design process that includes accepting and acting on feedback and constructive criticism
- You understand the developer persona and can articulate how design for developers differs from consumers.
- Excellent collaboration skills, a strong work ethic, and a sense of humor
Why You’ll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest and coolest people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. Archery classes, DJ lessons, and office pie fights are a thing. We care deeply about each other and take our “no jerks” rule very seriously.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development. You’ll need to be great to get hired here and we promise you’ll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to keep you fit, and a monthly commute allowance to make your trips to and from work easier.
- We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match. We also provide all employees with Kindles and reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We want you to love where you work. We have a great office space located in the heart of SoHo NYC and offer daily catered lunches to keep your hunger at bay. We’re also very remote-friendly—we use Slack to communicate across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to take an all-expense-paid trip to our HQ to get quality in-person time with the team at least once a year. We also allow employees to customize their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in HQ.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.