Training Content Specialist
Toast is seeking a Content Specialist to contribute to the ongoing momentum of Toast’s Training Team. The Training Team provides technical documentation to our customers on all features, functions, and friction points of Toast’s product releases, as well as as training content designed for internal performance improvement *and* customer support in the forms of: Instructor Led Training, online videos, webpages, webinar content development and delivery, and some hardware documentation.
This candidate must have a can-do attitude of curiosity and be energized in a fast-paced, agile development environment where change is the only constant. While the primary function of this role is technical writing, the right candidate will have a willingness to explore and gain experience in other Training & Instructional Design-related activities, such as: developing, facilitating, and delivering product-related, customer-facing webinars (Virtual Instructor-Led Training), Learning Management Systems administration, and other operational aspects of the Training Team.
Responsibilities and qualifications include:
- Curation of existing, multichannel content; this could involve urgent changes to existing feature sets;
- Technical Writer and Developer (feature documentation) for key components of Toast’s Product, managing the A-Z request pipeline; Ad-hoc requests as needed; Eagerness to work with various stakeholders from all areas of the business to document non-existing-but-critical content solutions which fall outside the scope of our engineering teams’ release cycle/timeline;
- Development of webinar (VILT) presentation content based on topical product use or POS concepts; Eagerness and ability to learn to present and facilitate webinars, as well as train other Subject Matter Experts to do so (train-the-trainer);
- Maintain team wiki pages and KANBAN boards based on productivity; Aggregate and present personal metrics for all activities on a biweekly basis;
- Active participation in cross-functional meetings related to Training Team initiatives; Solutions-orientation when met with nebulous requirements;
- Familiarity with technologies such as: Confluence, JIRA, Hubspot, Zendesk, Docebo, Slack, AppCues and webmeeting platforms preferable but not required. Keen interest in virtual learning and other progressive learning methodologies; Understanding of eLearning authorware such as Captivate or Articulate and SCORM content development standards helpful but not required.
- Other training-related projects as assigned