Product Support Manager
Panorama is on a mission to radically improve student outcomes by helping educators act on data. We're working toward a world where every student has great teachers, great schools, and a great education. Thousands of schools use Panorama Education’s platform as an important tool for improving education through data, from helping teachers hone their practice, to engaging with families, to building school culture, and beyond.
Panorama’s Product Support team provides world-class support to all users of Panorama. We connect educators, students, families, staff and community members to valuable resources and provide fast, accurate answers to their questions about our product; collect and document user feedback to help inform product choices; and serve as internal product experts.
We are seeking a Product Support Manager to help provide world-class technical support and guidance to the thousands of users who are on our platform every day. Our users are educators, families and students; sensitivity to their questions and technical capabilities is a must. We also preserve confidentiality with ironclad integrity. No detail is too small.
- Accurately and thoroughly resolve questions and requests that are received via email or phone in a timely manner; this requires expertly navigating our product and, often, sleuthing for client details to ensure responses include proper context
- See patterns in user support requests that suggest an opportunity for product or process improvement
- Be the voice of the user in Panorama and liaise with colleagues to provide specific product feedback
- Become absolutely expert on our product; use expertise not only to guide and support our users but to coach and teach teammates who are learning the product as well
- Be motivated to hit our target response times (every conversation started within two hours of a request) and other performance metrics
- Partner with Product Support and Client Success colleagues to identify and escalate mid- and high- complexity questions and requests
- Connect clients with resources, offerings, and tools to help them understand best practices and meet their goals with the data they collect through Panorama’s online platform
- Identify when a client would benefit from new resources and work with the larger Panorama team to create those resources (for example, revised onboarding resources or ideas for teachers to use the data)
- Serve as the main contact for our clients using our self-service platform to efficiently answer their questions and support their work
What We're Looking For
- Demonstrated excellence in a product support role and high comfort with helping people successfully navigate online tools and products
- Warm and clear in oral and written communication; grace and poise in diffusing situations when a user might be frustrated or confused
- Passionate about education; a total plus if you have education experience which would allow you to deeply understand the environments our users are in and the needs they might have
- Excited to work in a tight-knit team, and someone who successfully works independently with little oversight
- You are comfortable with a significant amount of detail and have a track record of being well organized and careful on follow through; exceptional personal time management
- Experience using technology to make processes—both big and small—more efficient, effective, and measurable
- Your first instinct is to problem-solve - and to do so with energy, creativity and warmth for our clients. But you are also a systems-thinker, looking for ways we should systemize client support to make it more consistent, more successful, and to enable our clients to drive more of the work themselves
- Experience with creating resources for users (how-to guides, video guides and other strategies to coach and teach users) is a plus
Panorama Education is dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive company because we serve students, educators and families from tremendously diverse backgrounds and identities across the country; we’ve seen how our product and impact are strengthened the more we reflect that diversity. In addition, we have found (and we believe the research) that diverse teams are higher-performing, and we embrace the varied perspectives that our team members share with each other.