Jr. Copywriter, Content
We’re looking for…
The Jr. Copywriter, Content, is charged with bringing the Rue brand to life through words. This position will support Rue Now, our content platform that engages our Member and enriches the shopping experience. Meaning? You’ll help manage our editorial calendar, pitch story concepts, and write short- and long-form content that follows digital publishing best practices.
What you’ll accomplish…
- With the guidance of the Content Editor, apply the Rue voice and filters to all Rue Now touch-points (selecting relevant content to publish, developing original content, writing on-site banners, and more)
- Contribute ideas to Creative and cross-functional brainstorms
- Partner with Marketing to innovate and iterate against performance analytics
- Keep a pulse on fashion, beauty, and lifestyle trends and how they relate to our audience
- Work collaboratively with a cross-functional team, including Designers, Art Directors, Editorial, Marketing, and Brand Operations
- Uphold Rue voice in a fast-paced environment without compromising quality
- Shift priorities to meet deadlines based on changing calendars
- Faithfully maintain the Rue La La voice standards
- Be an integral, contributing part of a tight-knit Creative team
- Work directly with business partners
- Directly affect the business
- Develop copywriting style across multiple media and platforms
THE RIGHT FIT:
- The foundational training to understand the basics of advertising writing and grammar and quickly grasp what makes one brand’s voice different from another
- 1-2+ years of relevant work experience in an agency, in-house creative group, or magazine staff.
- BA/BS in English, literature, communications, journalism, or a similar field.
- Ability to write copy that is both succinct and joy-filled and that champions for our brand voice.
- Top-notch collaboration, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- The ability to juggle multiple projects at once, complete last-minute requests, and make quick turnarounds.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel); comfortable with tools in an online environment.
- Cover letter and Portfolio Required
Bonus points for…
- Experience working with an editorial calendar, using content management systems, or contributing to a blog
ABOUT THE CREATIVE TEAM:
A brand is not a brand without its identity. That’s where this department – with its consistent design and voice – comes in. Whether it’s the line of copy that made you laugh out loud or the thoughtful pairing of design and photography, it’s just the beginning with this group.
The Content creative team engages and inspires our Members. We stay on the pulse of what’s happening in the style world and share it with our readers. We also concept and execute original content that leverages Rue’s authority and unique point of view.
Rue La La combines world-class merchandising, technology and marketing to create the most engaging and satisfying online shopping experience available. Each day, 15+ million loyal Members turn to Rue La La for everything from women, men and children's apparel and accessories to home décor and exclusive experiences. Our approach to retail brings excitement to online shopping in a way that not only strategically supports our brand partners, but also inspires our Members daily.
This Company is an equal opportunity employer, and selects individuals best matched for the job based upon job-related qualifications regardless of race, religion, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, veteran or military status or any other status or characteristic protected by law.