Associate Director of Product - Advantage Media (Boston)
ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR, PRODUCT
The Associate Director of Product Is responsible for overseeing the development and management of Advantage Media products and services. The Associate Director will collaborate with existing partners, internal client teams and executive team to create innovative solutions in the CPG and retail media market. Unlike most product roles, this role does not entail working with an internal engineering team. Instead the ideal candidate should have a blend of product strategy, product management, project management, and business development skills.
- Build relationships with business partners, including data, DSP and DMP vendors.
- Build relationships with internal stakeholders and clients to garner feedback for development of product offerings.
- Manage existing vendor/partner relationships, including adhering to timeline and project management of their engineering projects.
- Manage business development of new partners, including some contract negotiation, implementation of new partner and business plan (costs).
- Work as a part of a collaborative product and executive team on the planning, development and design of overall product strategy from product initiation decision through the end of the product life cycle.
- Write functional requirements for products; manage all timelines.
- Manage timeline of product and/or project from inception through execution to product roll out.
- Develop and deliver UAT testing for product enhancements, new products, vendor products.
- Collaborate with Head of Client Services and head of Media Operations on training documentation and other materials to ensure full roll out of product.
- Collaborate with Director of Product Marketing to create marketing materials. This includes writing descriptions of products, providing input to design team, and ensuring products are represented functionally.
- Deliver presentations internally to educate sales, client services and ad operations on the features and functionality of product offerings.
- Foster relationships with internal teams- sales, client services, ad operations and executive team to ensure successful delivery of product enhancements.
- Facilitate and lead internal meetings as needed.
- Special projects as necessary and assigned.
- Expertise with online media buying, advertising technology, and ad network business models.
- Experience managing outsourced or vendor partners.
- Prior experience working at DSP, Trading Desk, Exchange, Ad Network, Publisher, or SSP.
- Outstanding analytical, and problem solving abilities.
- Ability to collaborate cross functionally.
- Strong project management skills; proven ability to manage multiple projects at a time while paying attention to detail.
- Passionate about working in a fast paced, sometimes demanding startup environment.
- Strong Written and Verbal Communication Skills
- Team Player, With the Confidence to Take the Lead When Necessary
Preferred Work Experience:
- 3-5 years in a direct product management role with 1-3 years in a programmatic/RTB or digital media product management role.
- BS/BA, MBA a plus.