Who we are
BookBub is one of the fastest growing consumer tech startups in Boston. Millions of readers use BookBub every day to discover great books, and our service helps thousands of leading publishers and authors drive sales and find new fans. We're constantly growing our team to launch new consumer-facing book discovery features, tools for authors and publishers, and other web and mobile products that address the digital transition of the publishing industry.
About the position
BookBub is seeking a passionate, savvy accountant to manage the day-to-day accounting process in a dynamic startup environment. This person will prepare financial reports, audit documents, analyses, and self-directed research projects, which will involve collaboration with teams across the company, including Business Development, Marketing, Analytics, and Engineering. This role reports directly to the Assistant Controller.
- Maintaining, reconciling, and analyzing detailed records of day-to-day accounting
- Assisting with the completion of month-end and year-end closes
- Playing a critical role in the preparation of supporting documents and analysis for the annual audit
- Performing financial analysis projects for company leadership and department managers
- Assist in preparing in-depth budgets and forecasts to inform strategic decision-making
- Identifying and carrying out self-directed research related to problem-solving and optimization of the company accounting process
Ideal candidates for the position will have an inquisitive, detail-oriented nature and a love for numbers. They will also have:
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, or a related field
- Relevant experience in corporate accounting or auditing
- Ability to synthesize, visually represent, and present data and the results of models
- Technical mastery of spreadsheets and Excel
- Strong problem-solving, analytical, and quantitative skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Bonus points if you enjoy reading books!
BookBub offers competitive benefit options including medical, dental, vision, 401k, and take-what-you-need paid time off.
BookBub strives to be a diverse and inclusive workplace and we value learning from different perspectives. We seek to foster an environment filled with people from a wide variety of backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.