Software Engineer Intern - Summer 2018
Why be a Toaster?
Toast is looking for self-motivated individuals who love building great software and want to have fun while doing it. We work extensively with Android, iOS, and web front ends, using Java (Play framework) back end infrastructure on Heroku. We work hard to provide a well designed user interface for our customers and to provide the infrastructure stability necessary so that this complex distributed system "just works". We need talented engineers to build and maintain the highest quality product as our vision moves forward.
* Work on small team of engineers (teams are approx. 4-10 employees), solely responsible for the entire Toast product
* Architect, build, and maintain high performance, flexible, and highly scalable web and mobile applications
* Participate in designing, estimating effort, implementing, testing, debugging, configuring, integrating and documenting database, middle-tier and front-end code
* Diagnose performance bottlenecks and implement optimizations
* Think in terms of the end-user and design accordingly
* Survey and evaluate available technology options
* Actively contribute to product design and feature selection discussions
* Participate in code reviews to ensure technical implementations meet
* Deep Java development experience
* Mobile software development experience, preferably with Android
* Well-versed in tiered web application architecture and databases