Senior User Experience & Interface Designer
We’re hiring a senior UX/UI designer to help us make "giving" a frictionless habit, and build a digital experience that customers will love as much as our physical product.
This is a foundational experience design role where you will have a unique opportunity to create our design systems, visual language and user experience. You'll be solving complex problems through deceptively elegant experiences. All with almost zero existing "Design Debt".
What you'll be doing:
- Collaborating with product to build a deep understanding of customers, how Lovepop fits into their lives, and what problems we can help them solve through customer development research
- Designing and prototype digital solutions to those problems from paper sketch to polished UI
- Creating an interaction and visual language system we can extend through our entire digital experience
- Working cross-functionally with product, engineering and design team members to test hypotheses and bring elegant solutions to life
- Mentoring and steering the design team around human centered design
What you should have:
- 5+ years as an interaction designer, with a love of getting your hands dirty in the design process
- A track record of prototyping, testing and designing brilliant digital solutions to consumer problems
- Strong visual design skills with experience constructing, steering and working in visual design systems
- Experience running usability and customer development explorations that can help make better product design decisions
- A drive to trim friction and inject fun into every interaction you build.
- A learned appreciation for this medium post
You'll be a great fit if you...
- Are absurdly empathetic.
- Embrace creativity… but trust and follow a rigorous design process.
- Think in systems and can break complex down into their core parts.
- Are passionate about behavior change through technology and the mechanics to make it happen.
- Have an outcome oriented mindset - you celebrate measurable results and design towards them.
- Love paper art, lasers, and love the concept of making the world more connected and happy.
- Mobile app experience
- HCI degree or equivalent
- Software engineering experience
- Passion and experience building animation into interaction patterns
Read Full Job Description