This role provides the opportunity to drive a high-velocity, growing API business, built around established products that you will bring to market. It offers the chance to innovate with a talented team of Product Managers and Product Owners.
SmartBear seeks an experienced VP of Products with a demonstrated ability to steer business objectives toward success. Successful candidates tend to be strategic, entrepreneurial in spirit, hands-on, research-savvy and analytically-driven.
In this role, you will
- Apply consistent product management methods and processes across product lines
- Coordinate cross-product integration, and maintain a broader vision for the product line
- Educate and train your team on Agile development process and optimized product management
- Think logically, critically and constructively about complex problems, clearly communicate findings and propose solutions to meet the needs of your team
- Liaise with leadership from sales, demand generation, sales engineering, product marketing, development, and customer support as an advocate for your product lines
- Amplify the market presence of the SmartBear product lines through market-dominating thought leadership
- Direct and define the project management roles to encourage financial and strategic responsibilities among Product Managers, and tactical and communication skills among Product Owners
- Implement organization change management plans and techniques
This role requires
- Product management expertise
- Change management experience
- Ability to manage a P&L
- Ability to mentor and coach a team
- Ability to manage against project plans and deadlines
- SAFe expertise
You might also have
- Experience building channel sales models
- HVLT sales model expertise
- Domain expertise in software or API development
- Prior knowledge of SmartBear or competitive tools
SmartBear is behind the software that empowers developers, testers, and operations engineers at over 20,000 of the world’s most innovative organizations including Adobe, JetBlue, MasterCard, and Microsoft. More than 6 million people use our tools to build, test, and monitor great software, faster. Our high-impact tools are easy to try, easy to buy, and easy to use. These tools are backed by a team of people passionate about helping you create software that transforms our world. Those tools are SmartBear tools. That team is SmartBear. For more information, visit: http://smartbear.com, or follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter, or Facebook.
SmartBear is an equal employment opportunity employer and encourages success based on our individual merits and abilities without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, mental or physical disability, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, medical condition, sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), or any other legally protected status.