Technical Product Manager at Hopper
| Greater Boston Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 1:00 p.m. (EST) on Wednesday, August 18, 2021
• 4+ years of proven success in product, technical, or operational role, preferably in startup and/or high-growth environments
• Experience working with large datasets in a technical capacity (e.g. using SQL, R, Tableau, etc.)
• Technical fluency to work effectively with engineers to assess, integrate, and manage third-party APIs (especially in travel)
• Experience acting as product owner in scrum team, aligning and enabling teams to deliver with speed, quality, and ownership
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English (+Spanish preferred)
• Bias for action; a creative and detail-oriented approach to problem-solving
• No ego. Dedication to doing what is right for the customer
• A passion for Hopper’s mission to build the most customer centric travel marketplace on Earth
• Experience originating and leading connectivity, supply, or procurement programs for online travel agencies (OTAs) or other online marketplaces
• Experience with travel technology in a technical, operational, product, or strategic role
• Understanding of end-to-end online travel agency (OTA) workflows from shopping through
About the job
We want to save our customers money, plain and simple. The Ground Transportation team wants to build the best and cheapest (and eventually biggest) place to book ground-based travel. As a Technical Product Manager for the team, you will ensure that Hopper is consistently offering the best prices and products available in the market to our customers.
We’re seeing some crazy growth as a team: we have 10x’ed bookings in 3 months, gone from low $100ks in sales to sales to hundreds of millions, and delighted a lot of customers along the way! But we want to be bigger and do better, and this role will have a major impact on our ability to do just that.
- Lead Supplier Integrations: help us scale from a handful of connections to 100s globally; lead integrations from API doc review to go-live; prioritize integrations based on customer impact and maximize impact from each opportunity
- Pricing and Inventory Management: develop a deep understanding of our inventory and pricing today; share this knowledge with dashboards and analytics tools (e.g. Tableau, Amplitude, BigQuery); build and own an analytics roadmap around pricing and inventory for the group
- Service Distribution: productizing internal services so we can distribute our marketplace to 3rd parties; building and managing crystal clear API documentation and best practices
- Translate technical considerations and dependencies between engineers, product managers, customer support agents, and third-party suppliers
- Help us build the best and cheapest place to book travel!
- Well-funded and proven startup with large ambitions, competitive salary and stock options
- Unlimited PTO
- WeWork All Access Pass OR Work-from-home stipend
- Entrepreneurial culture where pushing limits and taking risks is everyday business
- Open communication with management and company leadership
- Small, dynamic teams = massive impact
- 100% employer paid medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance plans
- Access to a 401k
More about Hopper
Today, Hopper is best known as a travel app. We're going to do about $1B in sales this year and weathered the COVID storm better than anyone expected. We just raised $170M from Goldman Sachs and Capital One, and inked a deal to be the exclusive travel provider for Capital One Travel.
We owe our success, in large part, to a proprietary suite of data-driven and risk-based financial services that we have developed that complement a customer's trip-purchasing experience. One example is Price Freeze, where our customers are able to purchase a financial option in the app to lock in any price that they see, on any item, for as short as 1 hour or as long as 21 days with Hopper taking the risk on the other side of the trade.
Now we're laying the groundwork for continued expansion in 2021 by adding great people to our team who can help us compete with the travel giants.
Read Full Job Description