Sr. Product Manager, Member Growth
TripAdvisor provides a unique, global work environment that captures the speed, innovation and excitement of a startup, at a thriving, growing and well-established industry brand. At TripAdvisor, you will be part of a dynamic, fun, and energetic team where you can immediately make meaningful contributions.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Product Manager to join the new Member Experience team.
The Senior PM of Member Experience will join a team that is focused on making members central to the TripAdvisor strategy. We will deepen our understanding of our members and their travel needs. We will broaden our view of what it means to create value for our global member base and how that ties back into the daily decisions made at TripAdvisor. We will build useful features and benefits that help people travel better. We have the goal of redefining member communications and establishing our ability to continually engage members as something that sets us apart from every other travel brand.
In this role, you will drive the growth of our member base through the delivery of member benefits, partnering through the organization to build those benefits and ensure they create unquestioned value for our members. You will work with marketing and research to develop a solid understanding of our audience, what benefits they need, and how they place value on the benefits we have already built and the ones we could potentially add. You will drive improvements to the foundation of our member platform, leading adoption of best practices and new technologies for registration and account management. You will represent the viewpoint of the Member Experience team as other product teams throughout TripAdvisor think about projects that impact our members.
What you will do:
- Own the member acquisition funnel, building deep, analytical insights into funnel pain points and constantly optimizing through rigorous A/B testing
- Work directly with marketing and research to solidify our understanding of existing and potential members and their unmet needs, using this knowledge to develop benefits and their merchandising throughout the TripAdvisor experience
- Work with a highly experienced team of designers, engineers, data scientists, and other product managers to develop world class membership products
- Advocate for members to be part of every decision made at TripAdvisor
- Be a subject matter expert on best practices and outside technologies for member registration and account management
- Work with business partners to understand their business problems and opportunities to tailor member projects to assist growth throughout the business
- Analyze and interpret data; synthesize information from a variety of sources and translate into effective and actionable recommendations
- Build business cases and analytical support/insight for new initiatives; this requires identifying and understanding key issues, quantitatively analyzing these issues, and communicating key insights and results
- Measure product performance and identification of key levers of improvement - including design and analysis of relevant reports
We’re looking for someone who:
- Has 4+ years of Product Management experience, ideally with experience in membership or a product with a member focus.
- Has a BS/BA or equivalent experience (MBAs are great but not a requirement).
- Knows their way around data: collecting, reporting and sharing it. Experience with SQL preferred.
- Can demonstrate successful execution of a customer-centric product strategy.
- Uses a combination of metrics, research and intuition to evaluate opportunities, establish roadmaps and build solutions.
- Ensures that projects within areas of specific responsibility are completed in an appropriate and timely manner, acknowledging mistakes, learning from them and always moving forward productively.
- Must be great team player that works well in collaborative situations.
- Exercises good business judgment when making decisions and always considers the relevance/impact of each decision on the business.