Sr. Product Manager, Member Engagement Platform
TripAdvisor provides a unique, global work environment that captures the speed, innovation and excitement of a startup, at a thriving, growing and well-established industry brand. At TripAdvisor, you will be part of a dynamic, fun, and energetic team where you can immediately make meaningful contributions.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Product Manager to join the new Member Experience team.
The Senior PM of Member Experience will join a team that is focused on making members central to the TripAdvisor strategy. We will deepen our understanding of our members and their travel needs. We will broaden our view of what it means to create value for our global member base and how that ties back into the daily decisions made at TripAdvisor. We will build useful features and benefits that help people travel better. We have the goal of redefining member communications and establishing our ability to continually engage members as something that sets us apart from every other travel brand.
In this role, you will drive the development of our member engagement and communication platform. You will partner with marketing to understand how our platform serves our members needs regardless of where a member is in their lifecycle or what form of communication that member prefers. You will be a subject matter expert on how channels like CRM, push, text and chat can work together to cultivate a customer relationship while staying on top of MarTech trends and how they can be applied to our business. You will work with a team of analysts, data scientists and engineers to build ML systems that allow us to take action on a diverse set of customer segments and needs in real-time.
What you will do:
- Own the development/procurement and optimization of our member engagement platform, an omni-channel solution that spans email, push, and site notifications
- Work with business partners that want to leverage our platform to drive their business goals and advocate for the platform’s use across TripAdvisor
- Embed yourself in the day-to-day operations of our Member Engagement (CRM) team and help them address opportunities around personalization, automation, and experimentation (both on site and in communication)
- Identify areas to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of member data sources and their application
- Develop new email-centric products
- Work with a highly experienced team of designers, engineers, data scientists, and other product managers to develop world class membership products
- Work with business partners to understand their business problems and opportunities to tailor member communications to assist growth throughout the business
- Advocate for members to be part of every decision made at TripAdvisor
- Work directly with marketing and research to solidify our understanding of existing and potential members and their unmet needs
- Analyze and interpret data; synthesize information from a variety of sources and translate into effective and actionable recommendations
- Build business cases and analytical support/insight for new initiatives; this requires identifying and understanding key issues, quantitatively analyzing these issues, and communicating key insights and results
- Measure product performance and identification of key levers of improvement - including design and analysis of relevant reports
We’re looking for someone who:
- Has 4+ years of Product Management experience supporting a CRM/omni-channel marketing team.
- Has a strong understanding of how to build CRM systems, and is knowledgeable on marketing automation vendors.
- Experience driving large projects that require industry assessments.
- Has a BS/BA or equivalent experience (MBAs are great but not a requirement).
- Knows their way around data: collecting, reporting and sharing it. Experience with SQL preferred.
- Can demonstrate successful execution of a customer-centric product strategy.
- Uses a combination of metrics, research and intuition to evaluate opportunities, establish roadmaps and build solutions.
- Ensures that projects within areas of specific responsibility are completed in an appropriate and timely manner, acknowledging mistakes, learning from them and always moving forward productively.
- Must be great team player that works well in collaborative situations.
- Exercises good business judgment when making decisions and always considers the relevance/impact of each decision on the business.