Sr. Product Manager, Identity & Permissions
We’re not your traditional tech company and we don’t aim to be. Going against the grain is in our DNA. Building a revolutionary product begins with revolutionary thinking. That’s why we value diversity background and lived experience. Together, we empower restaurants of all sizes to build great teams, increase revenue, improve operations, and delight their guests. We pair our deep understanding of the restaurant industry with powerful cloud based software and restaurant-grade hardware to deliver an intuitive all-in-one platform. Join us on our mission to empower the restaurant community to delight guests, do what they love, and thrive.
Are you bready* for a change?
Toast’s Platform Product Team is looking for a Technical Product Manager to drive a technical and user-experience driven roadmap for Toast’s Identity & Permissions Product offering. As a Product Manager on the Platform Team, you will support a team driving solutions that require deep technical knowledge. You will craft and drive the roadmap for the future of our Identity & Permissions product, developing the best-in-class solution by working with designers and key stakeholders to bring delight. This is a high visibility role with an opportunity to make a real impact at a fast-paced and dynamic organization with phenomenal growth.
About this roll*:
- Plan a technical & feature roadmap for the Platform Identity Team, including meeting the needs of increased functionality and improved user experience, keeping in mind the scale and growth of the Toast customer base.
- Work cross-functionally and cross-team to understand growth challenges, user behavior and workflows.
- Partner with a team in Dublin to deliver results. Quarterly travel to plan with the team is expected.
- Develop relationships with restaurateurs and operators to understand their operational needs and pain points.
- Work with engineering to plan sprints, write user stories, and test product features, and manage releases of product features.
- Dig into challenging bugs and leverage product metrics to inform stakeholders and plan your product roadmap.
- Work with UX designers to design delightful experiences.
- Prepare executive-level presentations on your product strategy, roadmap, execution, and go-to-market plans.
- Keep your product ‘north star’ firmly at the forefront of your team’s vision.
- Report to and work closely with the Director of Product to help define a long term vision and roadmap for complex customer needs.
- Gain experience working in a cross-functional and strategic role
Do you have the right ingredients*?
- 2-5+ years of hands-on product management skills and experience delivering great products from inception through delivery to customers.
- Comfortable writing detailed product specs and delivery plans.
- Willing to shift your schedule at times to work with teams in different time zones.
- Experience working on technical software projects - such as APIs or platform infrastructure projects.
- Previous experience working in an Agile software development environment.
- Strong analytical capability and comfort with data and reporting tools.
- Experience working with a team that is distributed is a strong plus.
- Experience working with permissions and Identity Management is a strong plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering a plus.
*Bread puns encouraged, not required