Sr. Product Manager, Growth at Indigo
Senior Product Manager, Growth
What if nature could be harnessed to help farmers sustainably feed the planet? Since 2014, Indigo has questioned agriculture's full value chain to improve grower profitability, environmental sustainability, and consumer health. The company’s scientific discoveries and digital innovations have amplified new value from soil to sale, benefiting more than 10,000 growers to date. Indigo is also the company behind The Terraton Initiative, a global effort to draw down one trillion tons of atmospheric carbon dioxide by unlocking the potential of agricultural soils. In 2019, Indigo was ranked #1 on CNBC’s Disruptor 50 list. Headquartered in Boston, MA, Indigo has additional offices in Memphis, TN; Research Triangle Park, NC; Sydney, Australia; Buenos Aires, Argentina; Basel, Switzerland; and São Paulo, Brazil.
The Indigo Marketplace is an integral part of innovating the global agriculture system and unlocking our ability to de-commoditize crop sales and increase farmer profitability.
The Senior Product Manager - Growth will be a key contributor to the success of Indigo Marketplace. Your charter will be to accelerate activation of new users, improve the accuracy and speed of our experimentation, and maximize the rate of improvement across the full conversion funnel. You will be intensely focused on how and when we engage our users in order to optimize for long-term retention of our three key user groups: farmers, buyers, and GMAs.
The right candidate for this role should be highly ambitious, able to organize both ideas and people, and excel at problem solving of all kinds. You should have a bias toward action and be able to break down complex problems into steps that drive rapid product development.
You will join a highly cross-functional team focused on solving some of the world’s most meaningful problems. Your strong analytical skills, innovative mindset, and passion for people will help make a generational impact on consumer health and environmental sustainability around the world.
What does a successful product look like at Indigo?
At Indigo, we believe that good product decisions are made through listening to and deeply understanding our users. Our team strives to internalize user empathy and embraces the responsibility of ‘getting it right’ for our users…and the world.
If you are a Product Manager who can drive the ideation, planning, development, and launch of products and features that support Marketplace growth and engagement, we’d love to chat with you.
How do we work?
We are not perfect. In fact, we are learning through trial and error every day. We take risks, make educated guesses, and move quickly. We embrace a growth mindset in order to learn quickly and change as necessary to do what’s right for the customer. Because of this, excellent communication and collaboration skills are a must.
- Develop a deep understanding of existing and planned Marketplace features and functionality
- Analyze our funnel and identify opportunities to activate and engage our customers
- Identify tools and best practices to accelerate experimentation to achieve strategic goals
- Collaborate with multiple teams across the Indigo organization to help determine the business impact and short & long-term vision for your product
- Engage product management peers to ensure a comprehensive strategy
- Define and create detailed product roadmap & distribution schedule, taking into account seasonality and market volatility
- Create and prioritize use cases
- Evaluate partner strategy (internal and external)
- Understand market competition and product positioning
- Assume primary Product Ownership responsibilities (roadmap, user stories, prioritization, stakeholder buy-in)
- Participate in agile software product management and development best practices definition and execution, demonstrating and championing those best practices at Indigo
- Execute customer-driven culture in how we prioritize and allocate our development investment
- Establish clear and concise communications channels with stakeholders (i.e. Business, Engineering, Marketing) to provide visibility into our growth strategy, goals and outcomes
- Clearly articulate product value to senior management
- Evangelize new ideas and build consensus across the organization
- Able to balance customer-centricity, stakeholder expectations and technical feasibility, while clearly articulating tradeoffs
- Able to structure and process qualitative and quantitative data and draw insightful conclusions
- Able to define, gain buy-in from stakeholders and drive product vision for a specific software product or product line
- Excellent cross-functional communicator, able to work with a diverse set of internal and external stakeholders
- Highly aligned and deep understanding of company strategy, mapping strategy to execution
- Process orientation with strong time-management skills and demonstrated ability to change course, as needed
- Decisive and well-informed decision-maker
- Demonstrates ability to effectively work as a member of a team, with great listening, verbal, and written communication skills
- Demonstrates tenacity and willingness to deliver on agreed-to outcomes in the agreed-to timeframes
- Proactively brings new ideas to the table, spanning people, process and product
- 5-7 years Product Management Experience
- Minimum of 2-3 years each in:
- Growth product management at a growth-stage company.
- Marketing or product-adjacent experience (e.g. product marketer, management consultant, growth analyst).
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills; comfortable leveraging large amounts of data to drive decisions
- Passion for continuous testing and optimization; ‘we can always improve’ mentality
- Track record of building and delivering best-in-class customer-facing software products
- Demonstrated ability to increase user activation and maintain that activation throughout the user life cycle
- Experience working with software engineering teams in an agile/lean development environment
- Experience building products and campaigns that delight customers
- Active Communication skills (communicating out and listening successfully)
- Market-facing launch experience
Indigo is committed to living our values, specifically “creating a work environment where everyone feels respected, connected, and has opportunities to learn and grow.” As part of living our values, we strive to create a diverse and inclusive work environment where everyone feels they can be themselves and has an equal opportunity of succeeding.