Sr. Manager, Consumer Products
Sr. Product Manager, Consumer Products
Indigo improves grower profitability, environmental sustainability, and consumer health using natural microbiology and digital technologies. Utilizing beneficial plant microbes and agronomic insights, Indigo works with growers to sustainably produce high quality harvests. The company then connects growers and buyers directly to bring these harvests to market. Working across the supply chain, Indigo is forwarding its mission of harnessing nature to help farmers sustainably feed the planet. The company is headquartered in Boston, MA, with additional offices in Memphis, TN, Research Triangle Park, NC, Sydney, Australia, Buenos Aires, Argentina, and São Paulo, Brazil. http://www.indigoag.com/
Develop / maintain consumer products roadmap for next 5 years based on customer demand
- Drive launch products to completion to be ready for a timely launch
- Project manage the commercialization of launch products
- Support commercialization of products / maintain innovation stage gate
Help create breakthrough packaging / in-store theatre with strongest claims in categories (including virtual / on-shelf testing)
- Help develop and validate packaging claims on launch products, working with Legal, Regulatory & other key Consumer Products cross-functional team partners
- Manage and develop relationships with co-packers and packaging partners
- Manage and execute development of final packaging graphics and structure
- Work to develop all in-store materials (displays, shelf talkers, IRCs, coupons etc)
Manage pricing / value offering for Indigo & broader food market
- Create & update competitive matrix with competitors’ offerings to ensure Indigo maintains its key points-of-difference with regards to features & market options.
- Make recommendations on any pricing changes based on analytical review & sales / competition / retailer feedback / consumer research.
Develop marketing plans to build awareness of Indigo’s consumer facing efforts to drive traffic in-store and online.
- Leverage research to identify strategic targets / prime prospects to build targeted & efficient marketing plans (leaning heavily on digital / OOH channels)
- Build consumer paths to purchase to identify key contact / influence points
- Create media / outreach plans & assets both in-store and out of store
- Collaborate with Indigo Corporate Marketing and Carbon efforts to ensure messages in-sync with broader Indigo initiatives & leverage of synergistic efforts
Support Sales / Commercialization efforts with retailers & strategic partners
- Assist in preparation of sales & marketing materials – including sales decks / trade show materials / sampling vehicles etc.
- Participate in meetings to present marketing plans, as needed.
- Collaborate with Sr Director, Sales / Licensing / Business Development to build Indigo into leading consumer-facing food brand.
Help source suppliers that are consistent with Indigo principles on Beneficial Agriculture / Sustainability
- Collaborate with crop product marketing & the North America commercial team to identify additional growers to drive adoption of Regenerative Ag practices & build supply of Indigo farmers
- Identify mills / co-packers that meet our needs around segregation & sustainability
- Work with Quality & Agronomy & Legal to ensure adequate support & documentation exists
Build excellent internal and external relationships with cross functional teams
- Work with R&D, Systems Innovation, & Agronomy to build consumer-centric claims that will drive sales and passion for brand
- Partner with Market Development to ensure product pipeline will best represent what is possible for CPGs
- Collaborate with Supply Chain / Procurement / Logistics/ Storage to build out efficient & resilient sourcing & manufacturing to deliver products to customers
Assist with development of certification capability
- Partner with Agronomy, Data Science, Quality, Legal, and Carbon
- Works with IT Product, Data Science to ensure accessibility of data
- Collaborate with Commercialization Team on designing consumer call-out on-pack and mobile app experience, and expansion of capability to External Partners
- Consumer-obsessed marketer / product manager with experience creating & launching multiple products (preferably in food or beverage categories)
- Extremely organized, natural affinity towards process and getting things done
- Works quickly and thrives in a fast-paced environment, anticipates what is needed next
- Excellent analytical capabilities, bringing rigor to problem solving
- Ability to work cross functionally in a positive and team-oriented way whether as a project lead or as a contributor
- Strong communication and presentation skills. Has strong story building and PowerPoint skills
- Self-starter and ability to work with little guidance, takes ownership of work
- Comfortable with ambiguity, able to take initiative when path is not clear and work on multiple workstreams simultaneously. A true out of the box thinker
- Strong interest in Indigo’s mission and helping company to execute to achieve goals
- Uses consumer insights and market trends to inform future product innovations
- Willing to travel and work long hours
- 6+ years of professional experience
- BS required / MBA preferred
- Experience as Product or Brand Manager with consumer products from concept to launch / commercialization (food or retail preferred)
- Experience managing cross-functional team (prod dev’t, legal, supply chain, marketing)
- Experience being a part of a building brand
- Willingness to travel up to 35%
Indigo is committed to living our values, specifically “creating a work environment where everyone feels respected, connected, and has opportunities to learn and grow.” As part of living our values, we strive to create a diverse and inclusive work environment where everyone feels they can be themselves and has an equal opportunity of succeeding.