Senior Product Manager at Markforged
We are looking for a Sr. Product Manager to join our Product Management team in Watertown, MA. This is a strategic role and the right candidate will combine their expertise in industrial manufacturing technologies and processes with their demonstrated experience as a product manager to define and deliver new products that reinvent manufacturing.What will you own?
- Be the expert on the technical and process requirements to address a wide range of industrial part applications with additive manufacturing
- Stay at the bleeding edge of relevant emerging technologies and research to highlight potential integration into our product line and scope R&D activities
- Perform market and competitive analyses to determine opportunities for new products, partnerships, or other initiatives that could unlock further growth
- Understand our users, their needs, and their engagement with our printers through qualitative (e.g. interviews) and quantitative (querying data) research
- Define new printers, materials, and features, plus manage the lifecycle of existing ones based on insights that intersect customer, technology, and business
- Partner collaboratively with Engineering throughout development to ensure alignment on priorities, provide compelling context, and make tradeoff decisions whenever needed
- Communicate a clear, compelling product strategy to the company directly and through collaboration with other teams including Marketing and Sales.
Although we list out what we generally look for, we are very likely missing other attributes and skills that you have that could make you a great fit, but are not currently listed. Research has shown this especially applies to women and other marginalized groups, who tend to apply if they check 100% of every box, versus men who apply if they hit roughly 60%. The point we’re getting at, it doesn’t hurt to take a chance and apply!
- 7+ years working with hardware technology including 3+ years as a Product Manager (or equivalent experience), ideally in additive or another advanced manufacturing industry
- Expertise in technical, process, and factory integration requirements for part manufacturing in industrial verticals (e.g. aerospace, automotive, oil and gas, etc), ideally having taken parts or subsystems through a production qualification program
- Demonstrated ability to identify and collaborate on complimentary external partnerships, e.g. collaborative research, software integrations, regulatory / standards bodies, etc.
- Passion for the product and ownership over outcomes
- Analytical and data-driven approach to decision making
- Ability to establish credibility and influence up, down, and across the organization
- Comfort in a fast-paced environment with a bias towards action
- Bachelors or higher in an engineering or materials field