Senior Product Manager - Indigo Marketplace for GMAs at Indigo
What if nature could be harnessed to help farmers sustainably feed the planet? Since 2014, Indigo has questioned agriculture's full value chain to improve grower profitability, environmental sustainability, and consumer health. In 2019, Indigo was ranked #1 on CNBC’s Disruptor 50 list. Headquartered in Boston, MA, Indigo has additional offices in Memphis, TN; Research Triangle Park, NC; Buenos Aires, Argentina; Basel, Switzerland; and São Paulo, Brazil.
As the Senior Product Manager of Indigo Marketplace for GMAs, you will have the opportunity to collaborate with many teams across the organization to define a best-in-class software offering. We believe that a deep understanding of customer problems is critical to delivering value and is the cornerstone of what makes our product team tick. In this role, you will lead the development and market fit strategy for a B2B software offering and will have responsibility for the overall success of that product. This includes everything from market research to getting into the nitty gritty with your agile squad.
What does a successful product look like at Indigo?
A successful product helps to solve real world problems, and simultaneously moves our business forward. Part of your job will be to balance feature requests from key customers, alongside features that will help move the overall product to critical mass and market fit.
How do we work?
We are not perfect. In fact, we are learning through trial and error every day. We try new things, take risks, make educated guesses and move quickly. We are an agile shop, and believe that the trifecta of product management, software development and user experience design is the key to building the best software solutions. A growth mindset, excellent communication and collaboration skills are a must.
- Develop deep understanding of existing and planned platform solution and capabilities
- Analyze 3rd-party vendor landscape and propose partnership / integration strategy, if relevant
- Analyze competitive landscape and present an assessment of areas where Indigo can provide unique value
- Collaborate with multiple teams across the Indigo organization to:
- Determine the short and long-term vision for your product
- Define business impact of delivering on that vision
- Define and create detailed product roadmap
- Create and prioritize use cases
- Evaluate partner strategy (internal and external)
- Understand market competition and product positioning
- Assume primary Product Ownership responsibilities (roadmap, user stories, prioritization, stakeholder buy-in)
- Participate in agile software product management and development best practices; champion those best practices across the organization
- Ensure that voice of the customer is a key component in prioritizing and defining your work
- Establish clear and concise communications channels with cross-functional stakeholders (i.e. Business, Engineering, Marketing) to provide visibility into the plans for your product
- Establish trust and ongoing communication with internal & external customers
- Facilitate feedback on key decisions
- Clearly articulate product value and your plans for increasing that value to senior management
- Ability to balance customer-centricity, stakeholder expectations and technical feasibility for software product line, clearly articulating tradeoffs
- Ability to define, gain buy-in from stakeholders and drive product vision for a specific software product or product line
- Excellent cross-functional communicator, able to work with a diverse set of internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to translate business needs into product roadmap and technology specifications and use cases
- Innate eye for taking complex problems and solutions and breaking them down to deliver incremental value
- Highly aligned and deep understanding of company strategy, mapping strategy to execution
- Process orientation with strong time-management skills and demonstrated ability to change course, as needed
- Decisive and well-informed decision-maker
- Demonstrates ability to effectively work as a member of a team, with great listening and oral and written communication skills
- Able to structure and process qualitative and quantitative data and draw insightful conclusions
- Proactively brings new ideas to the table, spanning people, process and product
- 7-10 years Product Management Experience
- Proven track record of building and delivering excellent customer-facing software products
- Bonus if first-to-market and/or enterprise software
- Experience working directly with software engineering teams in an agile/lean development environment
- Active Communication skills (communicating out and listening successfully)
- Market-facing launch experience
Indigo is committed to living our values, specifically “creating a work environment where everyone feels respected, connected, and has opportunities to learn and grow.” As part of living our values, we strive to create a diverse and inclusive work environment where everyone feels they can be themselves and has an equal opportunity of succeeding.