Senior Product Manager, Data Distribution
Abacus Insights is a mission-driven, start-up technology company that is focused on improving health outcomes, lowering the cost of healthcare, and delivering a more seamless healthcare experience. At our core, we are passionate about advancing healthcare and improving people’s lives through technology.
With our deep expertise in cloud-enabled technologies and knowledge of the healthcare industry, we have built an innovative data integration and management platform that allows healthcare payers access to data that has been historically siloed and inaccessible. Through our platform, these health insurance payers can ingest and manage all the data they need to transform their business by supporting their analytical, operational, and financial needs.
Through this mission and passion to aid people and population health, we have built a highly successful SaaS business that is heavily funded (since our founding in 2017 we have over 18 million) by leading VC firms who have deep expertise in the healthcare and technology industries. At Abacus, we are solving problems of massive scale and complexity in an industry that is not only ripe for disruption but requires innovation. We see massive growth in our future and would love for you to be a part of it!
Apply if you are…
- a data wonk excited about how data can be best consumed by analytics practitioners using different methods and techniques (exploratory analytics, industry algorithms, reporting patterns, data science in production, etc.)
- passionate about improving the experience, impact and efficiency of analytics users tackling big hairy problems in healthcare (“what is the best way to connect people with the care they need?” “where is the fraud and wasteful spending”? “how do we best get this insight to the doctor(s)?”)
- intrigued by the prospect of shaping a highly differentiated, automated and scalable data distribution capability (API catalog, data views etc) serving diverse analytical and operational data consumption needs
- energized about working in a Start-up Organization pushing the envelope on a cloud-first approach in healthcare data integration
- motivated to work with a talented team to move the needle on some of the most pressing challenges in healthcare
- happy working cross-functionally with teams like Engineering, Implementation and Client Services
- motivated by the opportunity to influence the product management approach in a growing team
You should expect to….
- define use cases for data consumption within enterprise healthcare customers (initially payor focused)and evolve a holistic vision for data distribution capability in the Abacus cloud enabled data integration platform.
- define and drive modern data distribution features such as data delivery patterns using complex events or business rules, data enrichment, guaranteed data quality meeting specific SLAs, all the way up to data federation with business specific, governed data sources within an enterprise.
- partner with health plan service providers to define and drive adoption of Abacus data distribution APIs/SDK.
- help define Abacus data distribution implementation practices.
- work with Client Management for product support during client engagements.
- work with Engineering to manage, groom, and prioritize the product feature backlog .
- create epics and acceptance criteria for scrum team development .
Terrific if you have experience…
- in a product role at an Analytics product company, influencing and evangelizing key stakeholders (customers, partners, thought leaders, senior management)
- with APIs/SDKs, business rules processing, data federation and data distribution technologies
- in a product role, analyzing, visioning and road-mapping
- with Agile, story writing, grooming, prioritizing, planning, showcasing and delivering MVP
- working with Engineering teams in highly technical environments
- with big data and cloud technologies
- with healthcare information technology and health data
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, information systems, analytics or related field, and/or equivalent