Senior Product Manager of Carbon Supply at Indigo
At Indigo, our mission is: harnessing nature to help farmers sustainably feed the planet. We started down this path leveraging microbiology, but we have quickly expanded across the entire agriculture supply chain.
Indigo Carbon and the broader Terraton Initiative is the most explicit expression of our sustainability goals yet. Our goal is to remove 1 trillion tons of carbon dioxide from the atmosphere, sequester it in agricultural soils, and by doing that, improve the health of the soil, the profitability of farmers, the quality of our food, and the health of our planet. This goal is massive, and it will require a diverse team to make it happen. If you’ve been looking for a company that moves at the speed of Silicon Valley and is explicitly taking on climate change, we’d love to hear from you.
Indigo will create carbon credits (offsets) by working with farmers to adopt regenerative farming practices. We have several teams that interact directly with growers: Inside Sales Representatives, Account Managers, and Agronomists. This role is the point person to interact with all three of these teams to represent our Carbon Product. When a famer signs up for Indigo Carbon, they are signing up for an Indigo product. This person is responsible for ensuring carbon is a fantastic experience for our farmer customers.
This role will report to the Head of Carbon Operations.
The company is headquartered in Boston, MA, with additional offices in Memphis, TN, Research Triangle Park, NC, Sydney, Australia, Buenos Aires, Argentina, and São Paulo, Brazil. www.indigoag.com
- Map and refine the grower experience end-to-end (from lead through payment through renewal) and develop a strategy for continuously improving the grower experience
- Collaborate closely with the Grower Relations team, the Inside Sales Reps team and the Grower Account Management team on overall execution and strategy
- Partner with both Product Marketing and Integrated Marketing in order to further hone the grower value proposition in new marketing collateral and programming
- Develop a strategy for how we deliver data and payment outputs to stakeholders and growers so that growers are excited to annually increase the carbon in their soil
- Collaborate with the training team to oversee and deliver Indigo Carbon trainings
- Represent Indigo Carbon at large, grower-facing events (e.g., trade shows, conferences, etc.)
- Attention to detail and process-oriented, a strong project manager
- Flexible with an ability to prioritize highest need challenges to achieve targets
- Thrives in ambiguous environments, able to take ambiguity and turn it into order and structure
- High emotional intelligence
- Skilled in defining the best customer experience
- Highly analytical
- A clear understanding of the sales process
- Strong client-relations presence, comfortable in front of key partners
- Ability to multi-task and manage various project elements simultaneously
- Strong communicator and presenter, both in terms of crafting and delivering compelling visual and verbal messages
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Alignment with Indigo’s mission and Terraton in particular
- 5+ years of work experience required
- Experience at a consulting firm OR operations consulting experience OR an MBA required
- Strong project and/or change management experience required
- Proven experience managing complex projects with multiple stakeholders while delivering tangible results
- Some travel required
- Boston-based preferred