Senior Director, Product Strategy at TripAdvisor
Tripdvisor is the world's largest online travel site, visited by 400+ million travelers each month. We are looking for a Senior Director, Product Strategy for our Commercial business. This role is a cross-functional leader who will bridge digital product management and creative strategies to drive towards tomorrow’s Tripadvisor shopping products. You will identify and drive new product innovations while shepherding shorter-term projects (feature development/enhancement). You will use a strong analytical sense to evaluate ideas and dissect problems. As a product leader, you must demonstrate a strategic approach to what matters to the business, an ability to lead through influence, and a talent for prioritizing quickly in ambiguity.
What you’ll do:
- Identify white space that aligns with our core purpose by assessing emerging trends, key business drivers, competitive activity and consumer need gaps to deliver breakthrough, disruptive new product ideas
- Develop financial business case, product level concepts, and go to market strategy, etc.
- Lead all aspects of the innovation process with the cross-functional product development team
- Act as the innovation champion for the Commercial Business. Lead all aspects of product innovation, from ideation to commercialization, including launch activation planning and delivery
- Derive insights by leveraging customer research, empirical data and analytics to develop structured hypotheses
- Influence to gain leadership alignment in a highly matrixed organization to drive results
What We Seek:
- At least 10 years of experience as a senior level product owner/manager leading significant cross-organizational projects
- Proven track record of identifying and exploiting pockets of opportunity at a global digital brand resulting in material new revenue streams. Experience with two-sided ecommerce marketplaces preferred
- Demonstrated tenacity, resilience, and leadership experience that enables you to organize and lead projects, overcome challenges, and propose solutions. We seek a highly motivated self-starter with a track-record of “figuring it out”
- Be both quantitative and qualitative. You should be able to quickly assess and understand complex systems, but also have high EQ, so that you can be a product ambassador to the rest of the organization
- Superb communication skills - You must be able to cultivate strong working relationships, communicate effectively, write meticulously, and give outstanding presentations
- A college degree or equivalent background required, MBA a plus