Drift is the Revenue Acceleration platform that uses Conversational Marketing and Conversational Sales to help companies grow revenue and increase customer lifetime value, faster. More than 50,000 businesses use Drift to align sales and marketing on a single platform to deliver a unified customer experience where people are free to have a conversation with a business at any time, on their terms. Our mission is to use conversations to make business buying frictionless, more enjoyable, and more human.
Drift has become one of the fastest growing SaaS companies of all-time and was named to the Forbes Cloud 100, LinkedIn Top 50 Startups, Entrepreneur's Top Company Cultures, Boston Business Journal's Best Places to Work, and SaaS Company of the Year by the NEVCA.
About the role/ About the team:
Drift’s product organization includes engineering, design, conversation design, and product management. We are hiring a seasoned professional to lead our existing group of AI Conversation Designers and strengthen our rapidly growing team. We’re looking for someone with Conversation Design or NLP platform/tools experience, high intellectual curiosity, and great communication skills to create robust products (apps/platform/tools), processes, and services that enable our customers to scale their customer engagement and conversation understanding by leveraging AI. If you are a positive, curious and motivated person who likes a fast-paced environment, enjoys problem-solving, and has the urge to define and refine how to build conversational AI applications for B2B at scale, you will enjoy this role.
What you will do on the Conversation Design Team:
- Lead and coach a diverse organization of AI Conversation Designers (AICDs) leveraging in-house tools to bring customer-specific AI chatbots to market for top tier, enterprise customers
- Partner with Product leadership across functions (PM, Design, Engineering) as well as GTM groups, to ensure that our AICDs have everything they need to deliver successful AI chatbots to Drift’s customers at scale
- Define and improve processes and best practices (internal to AICDs and cross-functionally with GTM teams) for creating, measuring quality, and improving our AI chatbots
- Explore ways to make our tools and processes extensible and customizable by 3rd parties
- Develop a vision of an external marketplace for customers, partners, and freelancers to develop and exchange AI chatbots components and services, and NLP modules
- Evangelize this vision with internal and external stakeholders and the market at large, creating a critical mass of supporters
- Define and execute on a plan to accomplish this vision, partnering with Product leadership to identify resources and potential new revenue streams
In one month, you’ll:
- Attend training to learn the Drift story, how we work, and our goals for the future
- Learn how Drift works and why our customers use it
- Have 1:1 meetings with your direct manager and all your direct reports
- Learn about how the Conversation Design team measures and tracks success
- Shadow designers with their customer projects while identifying areas of improvement
- Begin to attend and participate in key cross-functional and customer meetings
By month 3, you’ll:
- Take a more active role in discussions with strategic customer relationships
- Coach and develop the team on the spot and through 1:1s, using observations and metrics
- Use your Drift and past experiences to help build a framework that inspires great bot design and platform/tool development
- Participate and start to take an ownership role of key cross-functional discussions driving our AI chatbot strategy
- Identify product and process health gaps or inefficiencies in how we market, sell, onboard customers on our products – where are things falling through the cracks? Where can we reduce friction? How can we scale this beyond Drift?
By month 6, you’ll:
- Work with your team to help them execute on projects that drive better experiences for customers as well as the team at-large
- Identify and take on initiatives for team growth (both in terms of headcount as well as individual development)
- Work with your manager to identify a plan of continued growth
- Identify the market opportunity and key requirements for an AI/NLP ecosystem/marketplace, develop a game plan, and begin execution
- Initiate and develop key partner relationships to position us well in establishing a successful marketplace
About you and what type of skills you’ll need:
- 10+ years of experience in Product Management, Conversation Design, or related functions in a B2B/B2C Technology organization
- Experience scaling an organization through significant growth
- You have a track record of leading and proactively managing end-to-end execution of complex projects/programs
- You are a self-starter with a voracious appetite to learn and grow
- You can adapt to rapidly-changing environments and work with cross-functional teams
- You have experience managing conversation design teams or similar customer-specific solutions teams
- You have at least a decent familiarity with AI/NLP concepts, ideally a solid grasp of common techniques
- You are familiar with the front-office applications (Sales, Marketing, Service) market
- You have experience with NLP platform/tools and/or building out partner ecosystems
- You have a strong process mindset
- You are able to think logically and abstractly with ease, and have no fear exploring untested concepts
- You are able to translate complex data and concepts into simple and logical ideas, and communicate them effectively to align stakeholders
Drift is committed to being an equal opportunity employer.
We know that applying for a new job can be intimidating. But guess what? At Drift, there is no such thing as an “ideal candidate.” We believe in the power of teamwork -- and in the desire to learn something new every day. We believe in hiring people, not just skills. Take it from our CEO.
If this sounds like a company you would like to join and a role you would thrive in, please don’t hold back from applying! Whatever skills you bring to the table or background you’re coming from, we welcome you to start a conversation with us. We need your unique perspective for our continued innovation and success. We’re looking forward to learning more about you!
Drift is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at [email protected]