Product Support Manager
Panorama is on a mission to radically improve student outcomes by helping educators act on data. We're working toward a world where every student has great teachers, great schools, and a great education. Thousands of schools use the Panorama platform as an important tool for improving education through data, from helping teachers hone their practice, to engaging with families, to building school culture, and beyond. Panorama is rapidly growing: today, more than 9 million students receive a better education because of Panorama, and we hope to serve many millions more students in the coming years.
Panorama’s Product Support team provides world-class technical support to all users of Panorama. We connect educators, students, families, staff and community members to valuable resources and provide fast, accurate answers to their questions about our product.
We are seeking a Product Support Manager to help provide world-class technical support and guidance to the thousands of users who are on our platform every day. Our users are educators, families and students; sensitivity to their questions and technical capabilities is a must. We also preserve confidentiality with ironclad integrity. No detail or question is too small.
- Accurately and thoroughly resolve user questions and requests that are received via email and occasionally phone in a timely manner; this requires expertly navigating our product and sleuthing for client details to ensure responses include proper context
- Serve as the primary technical contact for our clients using our self-service platform to answer questions about the platform, troubleshoot challenges, and provide customizations
- Be motivated to hit our target response times (every conversation started within two hours of a request) and other performance metrics
- Partner with Product Support and Client Success colleagues to identify and escalate mid- and high- complexity questions and requests
- See patterns in user support requests that suggest an opportunity for product or process improvement
- Monitor the support desk outside of regular business hours on a rotating schedule to serve as the first line of defense for urgent issues identified
Product Expertise and Resource Development
- Connect clients with resources, offerings, and tools to help them understand best practices and meet their goals with the data they collect through Panorama’s online platform
- Identify when a client would benefit from new resources and work with the larger Panorama team to create those resources (for example, revised onboarding resources or a new FAQ)
- Become absolutely expert on our product; use expertise not only to guide and support our users but to coach and teach teammates who are learning the product as well
What We're Looking For
- Demonstrated excellence in a product support role and high comfort with helping people successfully navigate online tools and products via email
- Warm and clear in oral and written communication; grace and poise in diffusing situations when a user might be frustrated or confused
- Comfort with a significant amount of detail and have a track record of being well organized and careful on follow through; exceptional personal time management
- Passionate about education; a total plus if you have education experience which would allow you to deeply understand the environments our users are in and the needs they might have
- Excited to work in a tight-knit team, and someone who successfully works independently with little oversight
- Experience using technology to make processes—both big and small—more efficient, effective, and measurable
- Problem-solving instincts to tackle each question with energy, creativity and warmth for our clients
- Systems-thinker, looking for ways we should systemize client support to make it more consistent, more successful, and to enable our clients to drive more of the work themselves
- Experience with creating resources for users (how-to guides, video guides and other strategies to coach and teach users) is a plus
Panorama Education is dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive company because we serve students, educators and families from tremendously diverse backgrounds and identities across the country; we’ve seen how our product and impact are strengthened the more we reflect that diversity. In addition, we have found (and we believe the research) that diverse teams are higher-performing, and we embrace the varied perspectives that our team members share with each other. As such we are an Equal Opportunity Employer.