Product Owner III - Investments Technology
Do you have the skills-and drive-to join a tech team that's working to digitally transform a trillion-dollar industry? From test-driving the latest technologies to creating intuitive consumer apps, Liberty Mutual is constantly innovating and creating industry-leading solutions that provide peace of mind for our customers worldwide.
Liberty Mutual Investments manages Liberty Mutual's globally invested assets of $90b generating income and creating capital. Liberty Mutual Investments IT directly supports the Investments Department. As a Senior Product Owner on the front-office technology team, you will use Agile practices in defining and prioritizing the product backlog, set acceptance standards and operate at the intersection of portfolio management, trading, risk functions, vendors, and engineering to deliver business value.
About the job
- Collaborate with portfolio management, trading, risk professionals, tech leads, and technology leadership to formulate product vision, define product roadmaps, and drive execution excellence.
- With guidance from a director, business partners, and other tech leads, supports the communication of and alignment to the product vision.
- Supports the use of product level KPIs to drive product decisions. Assists in collecting KPI data and/or reinforcing their use in product decisions.
- Supports creating and maintaining the backlog (including prioritization, and acceptance criteria).
- Contributes to squad/team quarterly planning and sets expectations for delivery of new capabilities, features, and functionalities.
- Participates in squad/team demos, retrospectives, and all other ceremonies.
- Work daily with the Agile working group, clarifying business requirements, removing roadblocks, constantly communicating, and supporting alignment around product strategy.
- Monitors and maintain product health, supporting long-term product viability and efficiency.
- Build the product roadmap at the squad/team level based on strategy and ongoing input from stakeholders.
- Participates in customer-driven design and usability testing. May lead customer-driven design sessions.
- Advanced k nowledge of Agile development methodologies and IT project management as typically acquired through a Bachelor`s degree in Finance or Computer Science; Master's degree preferred.
- Asset management experience strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of risk processes, security master data, asset management vendors and processes preferred.
- 5-10 years in business, technology, or consulting with minimum of 3 years of direct experience with agile teams.
- High level of proven business expertise needed to set clear priorities for product and understand business value impacts.
- Knowledge of diverse datasets used in asset valuation and trading a diverse set of asset classes
- Ability to develop strong working relationships and able to influence others and build consensus with cogent arguments.
- Ability to operate with incomplete information and make timely decisions.
- Knowledge of AWS, SQL, python scripting preferred.
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a "Great Place to Work" by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the "100 Best Places to Work in IT" on IDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduates-as well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.