Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. We’re taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that we’ll deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
The Toast Product Marketing team is responsible for connecting the sales, product, and marketing teams by gathering market insights to inform product development and bringing new products to market through customer segmentation, value-based messaging, sales knowledge transfer, and cross-functional marketing activation. This is a high-impact role that will offer substantial senior leadership exposure and the opportunity to drive long-term shareholder value at a hyper-growth startup.
In this role, you will help execute the go-to-market strategy for our Employee Cloud product pillar by leading key initiatives relating to product positioning and messaging, product launch processes, sales enablement, and qualitative and quantitative insights from customer and market research. The Employee Cloud product line is a suite of solutions to help restaurants hire, manage, pay and retain their teams. The ideal candidate enjoys working within an emerging business unit, has a track record of enablement and content creation success, and thrives in an independent, cross-functional role. If you’re a team player with strong communication skills and a “get stuff done” attitude, read on!
About this roll*
- Run point on multiple launches in an emerging product line by defining a go-to-market (GTM) strategy, aligning a launch team of cross-functional stakeholders, defining key milestones and deliverables, and driving accountability of results.
- Act as the strategic connection point between Product Management and Marketing for campaign and launch planning
- Become the market expert on the restaurant employee landscape; Actively shadow sales teams, interview customers and prospects to inform campaigns, content, and positioning strategies
- Partner with Customer Marketing and Demand Generation teams to develop content assets for use by marketing and sales teams to differentiate our solution in the market and drive urgency for our buyers
- Create materials for and run sales enablement programs associated with product launches and/or other product line priorities
Do you have the right ingredients?
- Experienced at leading cross-functional projects to drive results
- Highly collaborative mindset; Skilled at influencing others
- Strong writer, presenter, and verbal communicator; Ability to build compelling storylines and recommendations based in both quantitative and qualitative data to compel action
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail to ensure tight deadlines are met
- Proactively sets priorities with limited guidance; Self-managed in daily tasks across all marketing processes, cross-functional projects, meetings, and co-worker interactions.
- Comfortable navigating an environment where change is expected and seeks to create certainty by applying process and organization, aligning with overall business strategy.
- Deeply curious about our market, competitors and our customers; Understands the key drivers of our business and has an ability to successfully position our capabilities.
- Minimum 4 years professional experience; Previous work experience in Product Marketing required
*Bread puns encouraged but not required