• Thrived in a consumer product role and delivered delightful features at scale
• An innovative and detail-oriented approach to problem-solving
• The instinct to get on a whiteboard and explain their thinking, and even faster to document that thinking into expected use cases and user behaviors, driving UX for new features from start to finish
• Exceptional ability to grasp, manage, and articulate complex systems
• Experience connecting innovative solutions to real-world, user problems with actual business needs of a rapidly scaling organization
• Technical depth that allows you to communicate with, understand, and earn the respect of world-class engineers and data scientists
• A track record of being proactive and persuading colleagues by constructing a compelling narrative both in-person and in-writing
• Past success analyzing data, drawing accurate conclusions, and adjusting strategy accordingly
• No ego. Strong focus on doing what is right for the customer and the company
• Experience with GDS, CRS, airline, hotel and/or other travel systems a plus
About the job
Product Managers at Hopper are “smart creatives” that will take the Hopper app from a disruptive, startup product to being the global leader in mobile travel. As a Senior Product Manager, you will work at the intersection of development, data science, and user experience, as well as have a competitive understanding of the travel landscape to facilitate the creation of successful new features. On any given day - whether you’re weighing the tradeoffs of offering new features, scoping and specifying solutions, or shepherding features through development - your contribution will be critical to Hopper’s current and future success.
Hopper has been one of the biggest disruptors in the travel space since its launch in early 2015, helping travelers plan over 100 million trips and save nearly $2.5 billion along the way by leveraging big data technologies to help users understand the best time and destinations to fly, and more importantly, the best time to book airfare. We are looking for a Senior Product Manager to own the product roadmap and scale our new B2B product initiative to be the preeminent destination for travelers when booking travel with our partners. This means exciting opportunities to own the booking funnel, sell ancillary products, and alleviate anxiety for millions of travelers. If you’re looking to dive deep into the challenges of scaling an established product to the market leader, look no further.
- Manage a product roadmap for a set of features from inception through implementation; collect requirements, establish key performance metrics, craft the user experience, and drive execution
- Collaborate closely with data science to dive deep into our data to understand our users
- Work with business leaders to help shape and drive business cases for product features
- Ideate and wireframe new features that will be user by millions of users
- Identify the essential qualities of each feature: what's important, what's not, how can we limit cost and risk?
- Understand and explain complex technical issues, discern impact, and communicate them to maximize clarity and drive resolution
- Use good judgment to make appropriate trade-offs when scoping and specifying solutions, ensuring that anything we build adds value to the business and continues to delight our users
- Work closely with our B2B partners to develop world-class solutions
- Well-funded and proven startup with large ambitions, competitive salary and stock options
- Unlimited PTO
- WeWork All Access Pass OR Work-from-home stipend
- Entrepreneurial culture where pushing limits and taking risks is everyday business
- Open communication with management and company leadership
- Small, dynamic teams = massive impact
- 100% employer paid medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance plans
- Access to a 401k
More about Hopper
Today, Hopper is best known as a travel app. We're going to do about $1B in sales this year and weathered the COVID storm better than anyone expected. We just raised $170M from Goldman Sachs and Capital One, and inked a deal to be the exclusive travel provider for Capital One Travel.
We owe our success, in large part, to a proprietary suite of data-driven and risk-based financial services that we have developed that complement a customer's trip-purchasing experience. One example is Price Freeze, where our customers are able to purchase a financial option in the app to lock in any price that they see, on any item, for as short as 1 hour or as long as 21 days with Hopper taking the risk on the other side of the trade.
Now we're laying the groundwork for continued expansion in 2021 by adding great people to our team who can help us compete with the travel giants.