As a Product Manager, you’ll lead an agile product team through the product development lifecycle from vision to delivery, unlocking the power of educational content as a driver of growth for our Instructional Products. You’ll build solutions that people love, which empower Ellevation to iterate on instructional content, expand into new content areas, and grow our impact on multilingual learners.
This role is fast paced and will require one to take ownership and balance multiple competing priorities. To be successful in this role, you’ll need to craft a strategy for unlocking the power of the educational content in our instructional products as a key driver of company growth, and define and drive outcomes to improve the content creation and management workflows. You’ll also ensure the team delivers value on short/medium term needs while aligning with the long term strategy. This role will make high-judgment decisions, gathering information externally and internally to lead your product team to success. To be an excellent Product Manager, you must also establish and maintain trust between teams at Ellevation by ensuring that collaborators and stakeholders are involved in decision-making, aware of expectations, and up-to-date with progress.
Within 1 month you will:
- Learn about the key challenges facing the company, your product area, and your team. Building relationships with key collaborators, laying a foundation for your work together.
Within 3 months you will:
- Define your first increments with the product team, conducting agile rituals, and beginning to manage stakeholder communications independently
Within 6 months you will:
- Deliver value to the business through MVP(s), and planning for medium- and long-term success in an iterative, incremental process.
- Leverage communication patterns and relationships across teams to tackle challenges as they arise.
Within 12 months you will:
- Own your product area strategy, setting objectives & key results, continuously learning and delivering results based on those learnings.
- Influential - You are able to lead without authority, inspiring others with ideas.
- Efficient - You are able to budget your time and your team’s time in an efficient, productive manner, focusing on the most impactful priorities at any given time.
- Accountable & Persistent - In service of achieving key outcomes, you forge your own path, embrace new obstacles as challenges, make important pivots, or advocate for why staying the course is important.
- Communicator - You acknowledge that as a Product Manager, many people are looking to you for information, updates, decisions, and insights. You embrace the communication expectations for the role and work to find effective ways to share your message.
- Collaborator - To succeed as a company and make an impact for our customers, all the functions and teams at Ellevation work together. You know that you cannot win on your own; you’re open to working with others along the way as a leader and a contributor.
- Change Ready - As a small business with ambitious goals, we are always refining how we work, how we organize ourselves into teams, what we prioritize, etc. You are ready for the changes as they come, and embrace them as opportunities.
- Experimental & Curious - We love to test ideas, learn quickly, fail fast, and iterate. You pursue this with excitement, and expect to share learnings, insight, and results - both positive and negative
At Ellevation, we develop world-class software to help school districts and educators support the fastest growing population of K-12 students: English Language Learners (ELLs). Ellevation helps school districts transform their EL programs and ensure all students can achieve their highest aspirations with a best-in-class data and instructional planning platform, resources to build teacher capacity, and student-facing programs to teach academic language.
We are a fast-growing, mission-driven technology company, partnering with over 800 public school districts all across the country. We are well-capitalized, have a strong team, and are continuously focused on how to build the best organization so that we can achieve our ambitious social and financial objectives.
In addition to our great benefit plans and competitive salaries, here are some other perks that make us unique:
+ Great location in Boston - a stone’s throw from the Chauncy Street/Downtown Crossing T stop (We are currently working 100% remotely due to COVID-19)
+ Ability to make a significant impact in the education industry
+ Fun Fridays including virtual happy hours with our remote team
+ Free snacks, beverages, fruit, and we even compost!
+ On-site gym, game room and darts to support all levels of athleticism
+ Opportunity to join an open and collaborative work environment!
Learn more about our team in our Culture Deck.
Here at Ellevation, we champion diversity, inclusion, equity, and belonging. We strive to build a team that reflects the diverse communities we serve. We’re an equal opportunity employer, committed to creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values a range of ideas and opinions. We embrace all types of differences in the development of our organization. We are proud to have been recognized in prior years as “Best Tech Workplace for Diversity” from the Timmy Awards for investing in trainings around inclusive behaviors, microaggressions, unconscious bias, and fostering a culture of sharing educational resources across the company. We are encouraged by our progress, but there’s more work to be done.