Product Manager at SmartBear
Think Bigger. Build Smarter. Create Great Software.
SmartBear helps the world’s most recognized companies develop the world’s best applications. SmartBear has played a role in the ride you ordered, the banking app you use, the item you posted for auction, or that flight you just purchased. SmartBear's award-winning suite of testing software enables organizations to meet frequent release deadlines without sacrificing software quality, all while reducing testing costs. Additionally, our award-winning collaboration software helps development, testing and management teams work together to produce high quality software elevating a business’ ability to communicate and complete objectives more efficiently.
This role provides the opportunity to drive a high-velocity, growing business, built around established products plus useful products that you will bring to market. It offers the chance to innovate with a talented and passionate cross-functional team.
SmartBear seeks an experienced Product Manager (API, SaaS, or Server Virtualization) who will be responsible for product business planning, product life-cycle management, and product plan execution for complex software testing products. Successful candidates tend to be strategic, entrepreneurial in spirit, hands-on, research-savvy and analytically-driven, with proven experience operating in a software business.
- Work with the VP of Product to create, maintain and communicate a living vision and overall strategy for your products
- Understand and build the product roadmap, including new target market and features, design the go-to-market strategy and product value proposition
- Analyze relevant market, competitive, as well as buying trends to define attainable testing market share, growth and profitability
- Conduct research to understand and analyze customer needs and solutions, and incorporate Voice of the Customer into your products
- Manage and prioritize backlog and workflow
- Work closely with system architect and UX designers to plan, scale and sequence stories
- Engage closely with cross-functional teams including marketing and engineering to bring products to market in a timely manner
- Manage product P&L and develop business case for product themes and epics
- Serve as a representative for your products in marketing and sales efforts as well as external, analyst and press interactions
- Follow agile methodology to establish proper documentation and acceptance criteria
- Monitor achievement against forecast to identify and report on KPIs by quarter
- Current Product Managers with 5-10 years of experience
- Product Managers with Software, SaaS or Server Virtualization experience
At SmartBear, we focus on your one priority that never changes: quality. We know delivering quality software over and over is complicated. So our tools are built to streamline your process while seamlessly working with the products you use – and will use. Whether it’s TestComplete, Swagger, Cucumber, ReadyAPI, Zephyr, or one of our other tools, we span from test automation, API lifecycle, collaboration, performance testing, test management, and more. Whichever you need, they’re easy to try, easy to buy, and easy to integrate. We’re used by 15 million developers, testers, and operations engineers at 24,000+ organizations – including world-renowned innovators like Adobe, JetBlue, FedEx, and Microsoft. Wherever you’re going, we’ll help you get there. Learn more at smartbear.com, or follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter, or Facebook.