About Salary Finance
Salary Finance is a fintech company underpinned by a social purpose. Our mission is to make the lives of millions of working people less stressful, more productive, and much happier. We partner with leading employers to offer financial wellness benefits that help employees improve their lives by improving their finances.
In 2018, we expanded operations to the US with support from our UK headquarters. Today, our US team is located in Boston’s Seaport District under the leadership of SoFi co-founder Dan Macklin as CEO of Salary Finance Inc.
We’re growing fast in the US market with our recent $32.8 million Series C funding, backed by existing investors Blenheim Chalcot and Legal & General. We were named BITC’s Responsible Business of the Year 2018, included in KPMG’s Global Fintech 100, listed top of the Forbes’ list of socially-responsible startups, recognized by Built in Boston and MassEcon for investing in innovative thinkers, and profiled by the Wall Street Journal, the Financial Times, and more.
Your role in our mission
We’re looking for an influential Product Manager to lead the development and deployment of our Savings and Advance products to the US market. Reporting into the Head of Lending, you'll be collaborating with a variety of stakeholders across the Operations and Customer Service, Marketing and Business Development teams to identify key requirements for the new products.
This is an exciting role where you can lead the development of two products that could genuinely be a game changer for an already rapidly growing business. Once these products are launched, there will be further opportunity to do new product development and product improvements as we continue to expand our business. The challenges we throw at you will be varied, from automating large-scale manual processes to optimizing the customer-facing products. We want to keep you on your toes - one thing's for sure, you'll always be learning here. Don't worry - you'll be working with a world-class Product team so you'll have the opportunity to learn from doing as well as from your colleagues.
Who you are
We embrace our differences, but there's one thing that we like to share, our values, so it’s important to us that you are:
- Fearless, and able to make the impossible possible.
- Responsible, and want to help build a business that delivers a meaningful difference to society.
- Dedicated, and want to commit to an exciting journey even through the highs and lows.
- Empathetic, and truly care about every colleague and customer.
- United, because you understand we achieve more when we work as a team.
- Humble, and take feedback as a way to continuously improve.
- You are passionate about businesses that deliver social impact, and want to help build a business that delivers a meaningful difference to society.
- You are excited by the power of technology to change people’s lives.
- You are resilient, empathetic, collaborative, detail-oriented, and self-motivated with excellent organizational, time and project management skills.
- You can work independently and produce accurate, high quality work within short time constraints.
- You are a clear thinker and persuasive communicator, with excellent verbal and written communication skills. You’ll need to gain support for your ideas and engage with stakeholders to gather feedback.
- You show a positive attitude and flexibility when faced with multiple, fast-paced, competing objectives.
- You have the ability to work with the team at all levels, in an open office setting, within a
highly collaborative environment and start-up culture.
- You have 2+ years of experience as a Product Manager or Management Consultant looking to move into Product.
- You are degree educated (or equivalent) and have a passion for applying technology and
innovative thinking to disrupt traditional markets.
- You have worked in an environment where asking the right questions, analyzing data, conducting market analysis, and working with cross-team stakeholders has been central to success.
- You have experience of Product Management activities such as customer and market research, vendor management, and cost analysis.
- You have experience with Agile methodologies and are skilled at writing requirements and prioritizing enhancements in a backlog (JIRA/Confluence experience is a plus!)
- You have experience within Financial Services or within a regulated environment.
What you’ll do
- Develop US product roadmaps for Advance and Save in conjunction with stakeholders including the Head of Lending, US Operations team and the Product Review Board in the UK.
- Develop a detailed business case for the Advance and Save products.
- Understand how to deliver an MVP and be able to make critical prioritization decisions to avoid project creep. Maintain an up to date and prioritized backlog of requirements when building the products.
- Help create documentation and marketing materials for each product, making sure that these are agreed and used with all relevant parties.
- Facilitate the generation of ideas and analyze them to figure out where we should be focusing our attention and how we can get the best out of our resources.
- Create, gather, measure and monitor a key set of KPIs for the product to ensure that we are always developing in the right direction.
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive salary and bonus package
- Regular company socials
- Fast-growing environment with lots of opportunity for career development
- 75% of health, vision and dental premiums paid by Salary Finance for employees and their dependents
- Additional benefits including 401(k) with company match, short-term disability, 20 personal days with an extra day off on your birthday and many other perks!
We’re looking for people that want to make a difference. We have a great collaborative, entrepreneurial team that are passionate about what they do. If you want to join a team that is changing people’s lives for the better then we’d love to hear from you.
Learn more at salaryfinance.com.
Salary Finance is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive work environment where all employees and applicants can flourish.