Panorama Education, based in Boston, is a fast-growing technology startup focused on radically improving education. Today, 900 school systems serving ten million students have adopted the Panorama platform as paying customers including the entire states of Iowa and Hawaii as well as large districts like New York City, San Francisco, and Dallas. School systems turn to Panorama to ensure that each child is getting the support they need, so that more students succeed in school, graduate, and go on to college. Panorama helps educators monitor how students are doing across academics, attendance, behavior, and college readiness, and then coordinate action to support each child. Panorama’s platform also helps educators collect data about non-academic factors that are key to each child’s success in school and in life, such as social-emotional skills, safety, teacher-student relationships, and family engagement. Panorama has raised $45 million from Emerson Collective, YCombinator, Spark Capital, Owl Ventures, Uncork, and others.
About the role:
We have a big-picture vision to radically improve student outcomes by helping educators act on data and improve their practice. We work together collaboratively, in small, mostly co-located teams, releasing continuously, and driving toward outcomes for students, educators, and our business.
In this role, you will be involved in every aspect of the product discovery and development process: deeply understanding the business, the clients, the market and working with the team to innovate, test, and deliver value.
In this role, you will:
- Lead the roadmap and execution for a major product line, collaborating with designers, researchers, and engineers to provide value to clients
- Spend time talking to teachers, principals, and district leaders, understanding their problems, and validating that our solutions solve real and valuable problems for them
- Become an expert on Panorama’s clients and products
- Continuously seek customer insights that help shape the product roadmap
- Drive towards meaningful client and business outcomes by setting goals with your team and learning together
- Communicate your team's roadmap and strategic plans, creating excitement and alignment within your team and across the company
- Work closely with sales, marketing, and client success to gather insights about clients and the market and to collaborate on product messaging and value
- Support and help shape the growth of our product team norms and practices as we grow
This role is for you if you:
- Are a team player and will thrive working collaboratively with your squad and others across Panorama
- Display creativity, curiosity, and humility about how to help educators improve student outcomes, and a belief that great products can be a catalyst to improve schools across the country
- Are an exceptional communicator and active listener
- Enjoy collaboration and understanding the perspectives of others
- Thrive when you have a variety of projects on your plate, and can prioritize effectively and figure out how to progress each of them efficiently
- Have the ability to synthesize multiple perspectives to arrive at the best outcome
- Are detail oriented and organized
- Have strong analytical and quantitative skills including the ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions and inform decision-making
- Have 2+ years of product management experience (education or B2B SaaS experience is a plus)
Panorama Education is dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive company because we serve students, educators and families from tremendously diverse backgrounds and identities across the country; we’ve seen how our product and impact are strengthened the more we reflect that diversity. In addition, we have found (and we believe the research) that diverse teams are higher-performing, and we embrace the varied perspectives that our team members share with each other.