At Ellevation, we develop world-class software to help school districts and educators support the fastest growing population of K-12 students: English Learners (ELs). By combining great products, student data, and research on best practices, Ellevation helps school districts transform their EL programs and ensure all students can achieve their highest aspirations.
We are a fast-growing, mission-driven technology company, partnering with nearly 600 public school districts all across the country. We are well-capitalized, have a strong and growing team, and are continuously focused on how to build the best organization so that we can achieve our ambitious social and financial objectives.
This is where you come in…
As Product Manager, you will lead the continuous discovery process by understanding user needs, analyzing data, soliciting input from partners and stakeholders, distilling challenges, curating ideas and working with the product team to identify potential solutions.
You will ship MVPs that deliver customer value by working closely with your product team to define milestones that deliver tangible value to customers; learn from each release and iteratively approach Product Market Fit (PMF).
You will own and be accountable for product metrics for your team. Ensure that feature work is informed by usage and market data. Set aggressive goals tied to company OKRs. Own the reporting of metrics post-launch and ensure they are used to inform future enhancements.
Evangelize internally and externally -- fully understand the value your team’s work provides by providing use cases, data, and reference customers to cross-functional (product marketing, sales, leadership, etc.) teams so that your team’s work can be brought to market.
- Experience shipping successful products -- including defining a product vision, focusing on outcome-based roadmaps, creating user stories and managing backlogs.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate closely with engineers, designers, and QA in small, persistent teams.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and a comfort communicating across different audiences -- from engineers and internal stakeholders, to technical and non-technical users.
- Deep empathy for users and keen user experience instincts.
- Ability to produce results in an fast-paced, sometimes ambiguous environment.
- Eagerness to tackle complex challenges and a demonstrated ability to break things down into concise, actionable steps.
- Strong influence skills -- including the ability to influence others in a variety of contexts -- including customers, teammates and stakeholders.
- Experience working with web application usage and engagement data (Google Analytics, Splunk, Kissmetrics)
- Experience with SQL
- Experience working on improving existing products / working within a organization tackling scaling challenges
- Experience working as an Engineer or UX/Product Design
- Experience working with Project Management tools (Jira, Trello, Asana)
In addition to our great benefit plans, competitive salaries, and unlimited vacation, here’s some other perks that make us unique:
- Great location in Boston - a stone’s throw from the Chauncy Street/Downtown Crossing T stop
- Ability to make a significant impact in the education industry
- Fun Fridays including virtual happy hours with our remote team
- Free snacks, beverages, fruit, and we even compost!
- On-site gym, game room and darts
- Opportunity to join an open and collaborative work environment
Learn more about our diverse team in our Culture Deck: https://ellevationeducation.com/culture