Panorama Education is on a mission to radically improve student outcomes by helping educators act on data. Today, more than 500 school systems serving over seven million students use Panorama to ensure that all children are getting the support they need in order to succeed in school, graduate, and go on to college. Panorama helps educators monitor how students are doing across academics, attendance, behavior, and college readiness, and then coordinate action to support each child. Panorama’s platform also helps educators gather and analyze data about non-academic factors that are key to each child’s success in school and in life, such as social-emotional skills, safety, teacher-student relationships, and family engagement. Panorama has raised $32mm of funding led by Emerson Collective as well as Spark Capital, Owl Ventures, SoftTechVC, and the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative.
About the role
At Panorama, we believe that great technology can help educators radically improve student outcomes. That’s why we obsess over our products and our users’ experience with them. Panorama's platform:
- provides unique insights into how students are feeling
- offers views into how schools across the nation's largest districts are doing
- brings together data that educators haven't seen in one place before
That's just the beginning of Panorama's product journey, and you will help shape our product future, from mining deeper insights in our data to recommending next steps to educators, and beyond.
You will channel those ideas into a strategic vision and a roadmap. Then, you will bring that roadmap to life by leading our product development cycle along with a cross-functional team of motivated, mission-driven engineers and designers. As a key internal spokesperson for our product, you’ll also find yourself collaborating on a daily basis with co-workers from many backgrounds and experiences: former teachers, education researchers, district leaders, and more.
In the role, you will:
- Work side by side with engineering and design peers in a team to prioritize, plan, and deliver value to our users
- Bring your knowledge and past experiences in high-performing teams to bear in supporting the growth of our product team norms and practices as we scale
- Talk with teachers, principals, and district leaders on a regular basis to learn about the challenges they face as part of your ongoing effort to focus relentlessly on our users
- Lead decision-making around your team's roadmap including managing competing priorities simultaneously, considering difficult tradeoffs, and evaluating new opportunities against a pre-existing plan
- Collaborate with other product managers to optimize for Panorama's broader strategic aims
- Communicate your team's roadmap and strategic direction, creating excitement and alignment within your team as well as with other stakeholders
- Learn from sales, marketing, and client success folks outside of your team to gather feedback from our clients and the market to inform our future product ideation
This role is for you if you have:
- 4+ years of product management experience (education or B2B SaaS experience is a plus)
- Launched products and continued to improve upon them after launch
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong collaboration skills in a highly cross-functional environment
- Strong project management, analytical, and quantitative skills including the ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions and inform product decisions
- Creativity, curiosity, and humility about how to help educators improve student outcomes and a belief that great products can be a catalyst to improve schools across the country
Panorama Education is dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive company because we serve students, educators and families from tremendously diverse backgrounds and identities across the country; we’ve seen how our product and impact are strengthened the more we reflect that diversity. In addition, we have found (and we believe the research) that diverse teams are higher-performing, and we embrace the varied perspectives that our team members share with each other. As such, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer.