Hopper is the smart way to book travel on your phone. Combining massive amounts of data and advanced machine learning algorithms, Hopper predicts and analyzes airfare and accommodation to save users money and enable them to travel more often.
Since its launch in 2015, Hopper has become one of the fastest growing travel apps ever with over 25 million installs to date. It is now the most downloaded flights booking app in North America and travelers have booked hundreds of millions of dollars in flights and hotels around the world using Hopper.
The app has received accolades such as Fast Company’s Most Innovative Company in Travel 2018, the Google Play Award for Standout Startup of 2016, and Apple’s App Store Best of 2015.
As a Product Manager, you will work at the intersection of design, development, and analytics, as well as have a competitive understanding of business needs to facilitate the creation of successful products and features. As the company and product matures, we need to better attend to the feature set we’ve already built, and continue to iterate and improve on it. In this role you will build out and champion an A/B testing culture. On any given day - whether you’re identifying key areas that need improvement, designing solutions, or running and analyzing multivariate experiments - your contribution to Hopper’s success will be critical. You'll become part of a small, versatile, and highly collaborative team with big ambitions.
A perfect candidate has:
- Exceptional ability to grasp, manage and articulate complex systems
- Excel at identifying the essential qualities of a software project: what's important, what's not, how can we limit cost and risk?
- Outstanding research, analysis, communication, modeling, reporting, project management and problem-solving skills
- Fluent in Engineer and Business, you bridge the communication gap between technical and non-technical colleagues
- Experience with GDS, CRS, airline, hotel and other travel systems.
- Experience with customer support operations and workflow optimization
- Software engineering skills with knowledge of distributed databases, micro-services, user experience, and e-commerce systems
- Well-funded and proven startup with larger ambitions, competitive salary and stock options
- Dynamic and entrepreneurial team where pushing limits is everyday business
- Access to comprehensive medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance, all on us
- In Cambridge, work in a historic factory building near Kendall Square; in Montreal, work in an artist’s loft in the Mile End
- Easy commute with a paid-for public transportation or paid parking
- IATA Travel Agent Card for discounts in the travel industry
- Fully stocked kitchen with: coffee/tea, beer, bagels and healthy snacks
- Team lunches, off-site activities and much more!