Product Manager, Publishing
We’re not your traditional tech company and we don’t aim to be. Going against the grain is in our DNA. Building a revolutionary product begins with revolutionary thinking. That’s why we value diversity of thought, background and experience. Together, we empower restaurants of all sizes to build great teams, increase revenue, improve operations, and delight their guests. We pair our deep understanding of the restaurant industry with powerful cloud based software and restaurant-grade hardware to deliver an intuitive all-in-one platform. Join us on our mission to empower the restaurant community to delight guests, do what they love, and thrive.
Toast’s Core Product Team is looking for a Product Manager to drive forward a technical and user-experience driven roadmap for our Data Publishing system. Publishing is mission critical for every Toast restaurant each and every day. It’s how restaurants do everything from updating their menus, adding new employees, to monitoring system changes and data configurations. As Toast’s customer base continues to grow at a phenomenal rate, our infrastructure needs to keep pace with both our growth and the increasingly complex and technical needs of our customers. The Publishing Product Manager will be responsible for defining the roadmap, key business metrics and SLOs to help Toast meet the needs of restaurateurs of all types run their businesses.
About this roll*:
- Plan a technical & feature roadmap for the Publishing Team, including meeting the needs of increased functionality and improved user experience, keeping in mind the scale and growth of the Toast customer base.
- Lead a cross functional team of engineers, QA, UX designers to execute on your roadmap and drive business goals for your product area
- Become an expert on Toast’s data structures, assets and infrastructure
- Work cross-functionally and cross-team to understand complex integrations, user behavior and workflows for delivering content across a distributed system
- Work with engineering to plan sprints, write user stories, and test product features
- Work with UX designers to design delightful experiences with a focus on ease of use, robust functionality and an ability to balance simplicity with complex customer needs
- Develop deep relationships with restaurateurs and operators to understand their needs and pain points with Toast’s current publishing offering
- Prepare and deliver executive-level presentations on your product strategy, roadmap, execution, and go-to-market plans
- Gain experience working in a cross-functional, technical product role
Do you have the right ingredients?
- 2-5+ years of hands-on product management skills and experience delivering great products from inception through delivery to customers
- Previous experience working in an Agile software development environment
- General familiarity with API's, microservice architecture, or experience being a part of a team that has designed/built enterprise applications
- Working understanding of XML or JSON data formats, experience with SQL is considered a plus
- Understanding of the restaurant industry space and the evolving market dynamics will be considered a plus, but not required
*Bread puns encouraged but not required