At Hopper, we’re on a mission to build the most customer-centric travel company on earth. We are leveraging the power that comes from combining massive amounts of data and machine learning to build the world’s fastest-growing mobile first travel marketplace -- one that enables our customers to save money and travel better.
Hopper’s goal is to reduce traveler anxiety throughout all stages of the trip buying and taking process. By creating a transparent travel marketplace and unique, data-driven financial technology products focused on providing peace-of-mind, Hopper adds value along each step of the customer’s journey.
Hopper has launched several bespoke fintech products that leverage our immense first and third-party data to create products and value that do not exist elsewhere - including Refundable and Flexible Tickets and Price Freeze. Thanks to these offerings, Hopper’s revenue growth is up 112% despite the travel slowdown due to COVID-19.
With over $250M CAD in funding from leading investors in both Canada and the US, Hopper is primed to continue its acceleration to becoming the world’s fastest-growing end-to-end customer-centric travel offering.
Recognized as one of the world’s most innovative companies by Fast Company three years in a row, Hopper has been downloaded over 50 million times and sees over 1 million new installs per month. The app has received high praise in the form of mobile accolades such as the Webby Award for Best Travel App of 2019.
Come take off with us!
We’re looking for a data-savvy individual to join our User Acquisition team as a Product Manager. As the first PM on a rapidly growing team, it’ll be a great opportunity to have a big impact and lots of ownership. You’ll work both on internally and externally facing products that allow us to efficiently deploy our marketing budgets and increase ROI.
Specific challenges include managing the development of a new marketing analytics platform - we have rich data spread out across multiple ad networks, our internal revenue tracking, and our app analytics, and you’ll help synthesize those into insights for our marketing team to efficiently deploy spend.
You might be a fit if you’re excited about using your skills to help us acquire millions of new users across flights, hotels, and car rentals and help Hopper scale to at least 4X its current user base in 2021.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
- Manage a product roadmap for a set of features from inception through implementation; collect requirements, establish key performance metrics, craft the user experience, and drive execution
- Provide data expertise in managing our marketing analytics platform’s roadmap around attribution, LTV modelling, ROI analysis, and help uncover insights in our ads and user behavior that allow us to efficiently deploy millions of dollars in ad spend per month.
- Manage in-product experiments around onboarding and notification campaigns to help us increase conversion rates and improve our ROI on millions of users
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to ensure our products are built in line with customer and business goals
- Understand and explain complex technical issues, discern impact, and communicate them to maximize clarity and drive resolution
- Use good judgment to make appropriate trade-offs when scoping and specifying solutions, ensuring that anything we build adds value to the business and continues to delight our users
THE PERFECT CANDIDATE HAS:
- Proficiency in relational databases and SQL with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Technical depth to enable productive collaboration with world-class engineers and data scientists
- Experience with marketing analytics concepts like LTV modelling, payback analysis, ROI analysis etc.
- Experience working with growth teams, or running growth projects
- Exposure to scripting with Pandas, R, SAS or other data preparation and analysis tools
- Proven ability to communicate complex technical work to a non-technical audience
- A track record of evaluating product initiatives via both qualitative logic and quantitative assessment
- The ability to work with minimal guidance, be proactive and to handle ambiguity and the challenge of quickly evolving goals
NICE TO HAVE:
- Experience in mobile user acquisition or in the travel industry
- Knowledge of MMPs (AppsFlyer), Amplitude, Smartly, Google Analytics
- Experience using Google BigQuery
• Well-funded and proven startup with large ambitions, competitive salary and stock options
• Dynamic and entrepreneurial team where pushing limits is everyday business
• 100% employer paid medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance plans
• Access to a 401k (US) or Retirement Savings Plan (Canada)