Product Manager - Hotels Marketplace (Pricing) at Hopper
| Greater Boston Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 1:00 p.m. (EST) on Wednesday, August 18, 2021
About the job
The Hotels Marketplace team is building the most convenient and trustworthy hotel shopping experience so that customers can quickly and easily find the best hotels at the best prices. We’re looking to add a product manager to our team who will lead the brand new Pricing lane. Price is the #1 thing our customers care about, so this product manager will have a huge impact on shaping the future of the hotels business at Hopper. We are looking for a scrappy, creative, hands-on “doer” that will find innovative ways to offer users incredible hotel deals they can’t find anywhere else. Are you up for the challenge?
Product Managers at Hopper are “smart creatives” who obsess over the customer and will help transform Hopper from a disruptive startup into the global leader in mobile travel. As a Product Manager, you will work at the intersection of software development, data science, and user experience to solve real customer problems and create unique value. You will need to dive deep into the data and develop an understanding of the competitive travel landscape to ground the basis for new product features. On any given day - whether you’re surveying customers to better understand their needs, partnering with engineering to scope a feature down to the MVP, or combing through data for new insights - your contribution will be critical to Hopper’s current and future success.
In this role, you will :
- Manage a product roadmap for a set of features from inception through implementation and analysis: collect requirements, establish key performance metrics, craft the user experience, drive execution, and report on the impact
- Collaborate closely with data science to dive deep into our data to understand our users
- Work with business leaders to help shape business cases, including return-on-investment analyses for new product initiatives
- Partner with design to ideate and wireframe new features that will be in the hands of millions of users across the globe
- Pare down an ideal feature to the minimum viable product: identify what's essential for us to know if this is a good idea, what's not, and how can we limit cost and risk?
- Understand complex technical issues, discern impact, and be able to explain the situation to maximize clarity and drive resolution
An ideal candidate has:
- An innovative and detail-oriented approach to problem-solving
- Past success analyzing data, drawing accurate conclusions, and adjusting strategy accordingly
- Excellent communications skills both in-person and in-writing
- A bias for action and drive to go beyond the status quo
- Experience finding innovative solutions for real-world, user problems
- Technical depth that allows you to communicate with, understand, and earn the respect of world-class engineers and data scientists
- No ego. Strong focus on doing what is right for the customer and the company
- Thrived in a B2C product role and delivered delightful features at scale
- A track record of persuading colleagues through compelling narratives grounded in data
- Experience pulling your own data and writing SQL queries
- The instinct to get on a whiteboard and explain your thinking
- A passion for Hopper’s mission to build the most customer centric travel marketplace on Earth
Perks of working with us:
- Well-funded and proven startup with large ambitions, competitive salary and stock options
- Unlimited PTO
- WeWork All Access Pass OR Work-from-home stipend
- Entrepreneurial culture where pushing limits and taking risks is everyday business
- Open communication with management and company leadership
- Small, dynamic teams = massive impact
- 100% employer paid medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance plans
- Access to a 401k
More about Hopper
Today, Hopper is best known as a travel app. We're going to do about $1B in sales this year and weathered the COVID storm better than anyone expected. We just raised $170M from Goldman Sachs and Capital One, and inked a deal to be the exclusive travel provider for Capital One Travel.
We owe our success, in large part, to a proprietary suite of data-driven and risk-based financial services that we have developed that complement a customer's trip-purchasing experience. One example is Price Freeze, where our customers are able to purchase a financial option in the app to lock in any price that they see, on any item, for as short as 1 hour or as long as 21 days with Hopper taking the risk on the other side of the trade.
Now we're laying the groundwork for continued expansion in 2021 by adding great people to our team who can help us compete with the travel giants.
Read Full Job Description